[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I've got a bit of an average question. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg (45 KB, 481x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg
45 KB, 481x800
Hey /adv/

I've got a bit of an average question.

I'm the emotional equivalent of a 3 year old, but actually 21. I have a hard time being around people because I feel the need to be grandiose too, because I look at others achievements and don't see my own as anything of worth. So due to this, I turn on myself pretty easily. Obviously, I don't think of myself as being worth anything. Education really helped fuel this, though I hate to blame it. Everyone else in any class got an A and did well, even though they all bragged about being lazy and non-compliant, so when I did it, I was relatively scrutinized by both my teachers and my classmates. Mix in some generic malcontempt for my parents and you've got me.

So /adv/, my question is, why do I feel like I don't equal up to most (most should read successful) people in my age group (I make 50 grand USD a year with benefits with a union regulated job, so no, college isn't the reason why).
>>
Well gee. thanks /adv/ I'm glad I got some response from you all.
>>
Time to do some soul searching dude, only you can answer these questions for yourself. Go see a therapist and they will guide you to those answers.
>>
>>16863564
The therapist brought me to this point. Honestly, I give him tons of props for getting me to a mindset that something is wrong with me rather than me being the problem. I'd like to get further, but he doesn't get passed the point of "you need to fix yourself" which is the problem I have the most. I can barely play a goddamn vidja without looking up references, how am I supposed to roadmap my life if I can't get through half an hour of FFXIII [I used the most linear one because that's how I look at people who aren't me, they've got their lives laid out.) without needing a walk through.
>>
>>16863615
What exactly do you feel you need to fix?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.