[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get a call from the student loans department >they say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1381904768901.jpg (33 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
1381904768901.jpg
33 KB, 478x359
>get a call from the student loans department
>they say I owe 2.3k and that im a year and a half past due
>lost my job two weeks ago
>1.2k dolarinos under my name
>they want the money by tomorrow
what do I do??
>>
They won't let you set up a payment plan?
>>
>>16863060
Step one you don't disclose any of your savings.

Step two you tell them you don't have the money. You ask to pay it back in installments.

They'll likely just ask for 100/mo.

GET A FUCKING JOB.
>>
>Owe several thousand
>Collections department suddenly calling
>WE WANT IT TOMORROW
this is a scam tactic, you twat. They're required to give you multiple weeks formal notice in writing.
>>
>>16863060

say 'can we set up a payment plan'. try to get them to 100 dollars a month. pay them now. then ignore phone calls until you get a new job.

in the meantime, try taking your money out of the bank and keeping it at your home. its not likely they will try to take it directly form the account, but to be safe...
>>
File for unemployment and postpone the payment.
>>
thnx guys.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.