[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I ask someone if they want to hang out? More specifically,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
How do I ask someone if they want to hang out? More specifically, how do I get over the anxiety that comes from expecting them to say no which then ends up with me never making an effort to ask.
>>
Pick something chill to do. Like movie, or play video games at friends house. Lower expectation. And just have fun
>>
>>16862868
This gets me into trouble more often than not, but I have a great method of getting over anxiety.
Fuck it.
>>
>>16862868
>how do I get over the anxiety that comes from expecting them to say no which then ends up with me never making an effort to ask.
You don't.

Or rather, you stop waiting to not be anxious. That's a vicious cycle: the only way to get over anxiety about a thing is to do that thing, so as long as you wait to not be anxious first, it will never happen. The only way to get over it is to fight through it. Even then, you usually have to repeat the process several times. But nothing else works.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.