[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna quit my fast-food job. It's taking a toll on my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Disappearing-PalestineL-2.png (102 KB, 1000x803) Image search: [Google]
Disappearing-PalestineL-2.png
102 KB, 1000x803
I wanna quit my fast-food job. It's taking a toll on my education.
How long should I hold the job for it to be "work experience"?
>>
>>16862835
>fast-food job
>work experience
What.
>>
Work experience is only beneficial if you leverage it as "customer service" "teamwork" or some other cliché business skill you see as a desireable trait in job ads. I'd personally think 3mo. is enough to prove that you've attained a skill, but résumés are there to get you interviews, not jobs (though they can be the determining factor if the employer is stuck between choosing applicants).
>>
>>16862835

How long have you been working there
>>
File: 1455879737243.png (33 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1455879737243.png
33 KB, 600x700
>>16862835
>>
>>16862835
I was a crew trainer at McDonalds for a few years, when I was asked to be a manager I started to look for other jobs. My bosses vouched for me pretty heavily becuase I worked hard, trained new people, and worked several positions.I'm now working a $16/hr job making snack cakes in a factory. Its easy, and not stressful whatsoever. The exact opposite of McD's.

One of the other people that was hired in this pool was a manager at McDonalds before getting hired. Basically, if you're planning on using fast-food as "work experience", you should be anything besides a regular old burgerflipper.
>>
>>16862935
I'm 18 in high school. I'm trying to go to college, get a degree, get a few degrees, but only one. Sociology (the hardest science there is).
I just want to have enough "experience" to land another part-time job if I need one later. I've been at this place for about 3 months.

Thanks for all the replies
>>
I'd say 6 months to a year if you have something else planned out. I was trying to get hired at a call center and they said I didn't have enough experience so over to McDonald's I went. The job sucked but at least it can go on a resume.
>>
>>16862953
>Sociology (the hardest science there is).

made me laugh pretty hard

You anon, are a great comedian.
>>
>>16863673
Maybe he should have said geology so it was at least a little more subtle.
>>
>>16862835
I seriously cant see how fast food job can be consider as work experience.
>>
>>16864286
I can see where you are coming from, but I disagree. Some of the hardest jobs I've had have been fast food. I am a super hard worker though and will pick up the slack for people who are lazy. It is one of those fields where you can easily overwork yourself or just as easily sit around with your thumb up your ass (most go for the unqualified, self examining proctologist route).
>>
You should go do some "humanitarian" work in gaza with all the desert rats that you love so much.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.