[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he fell for the self improvement meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 250x164
>mfw fell for the self improvement meme

I was a straight A student and two sport varsity athlete in HS. I graduated uni a year early with honors. Now I'm 23 and make 60k year (over the median family income in my area). I've traveled the world and have friends on every continent. I like to do all kinds of things in my spare time with my friends.

And I still do not know literally any girls. Online dating is a bust.

Considering suicide after my parents die desu. Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>And I still don't know literally any girls.
Nothing is possible untill you like the person you see in the mirror.

I can elaborate
>>
I'm 29, a virgin, don't make as much money as you and have never been overseas...and yet I fucking love life and wouldn't give it up for anything.

Re-evaluate yourself, what makes you happiness and what you consider success.
>>
>>16862785
What are your hobbies? How's your social life? Have you ever been depressed or suicidal?

I'm 21 and although my life isn't horrible, it's really not how I wanted it to turn out. Dealing with suicidal thoughts is such a struggle.
>>
>>16862762
>I've traveled the world and have friends on every continent.
> I like to do all kinds of things in my spare time with my friends.
>I still do not know literally any girls.

I hope you aren't using the word 'literally' literally.

I mean, if you haven't found any girls worth dating, that's one thing. And it's understandable. Most people are shit. But how the fuck do you insulate yourself from meeting ANY girls?

Either you have some serious faults you aren't sharing (e.g. incredibly disfigured or some awful personality flaw) that drive girls away or all these activities are somehow complete sausage fests.
>>
>>16862802

>What are your hobbies?

video games mostly, i love the stuff so much i got a job for it

>Have you ever been depressed or suicidal?

never ever, ive had moments where ive been bummed out for stupid things (like acne) but in the grand scheme of things its dumb, people have rough lives and if the biggest thing I can complain about is blemishes well fuck, i got it pretty good.

>How's your social life?

It's okay.

I have some friends I occasionally hang out with but i see them at work too. i get the most of my social energy at work, i love the people i work with and dont feel the need to reach out off work hours so much

i live with my family also so im never really lonely, we get along great
>>
>>16862807

All girls I know are either relatives or coworkers, including old ladies.
>>
You're right, OP. These "self improvement" shit, while being partly true, only goes to an extent. To find a girlfriend you basically have to be reasonably attractive and get to know as many girls as possible, so that you can date one of them or, if they don't like you, get them to present a friend. My personal favourite means is through language courses, or any other courses where the students have to interact.
>>
>>16862762

>23
>has money
>kill myself because no wimmen

Wow. Grow up kid.
>>
File: 1420340960974.jpg (56 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1420340960974.jpg
56 KB, 597x519
>>16862762

>i have a perfect life
>except maybe i could go on some more dates
>going to suicide
>BUT NOT BEFORE MY PARENTS DIE CUZ IM SO FUCKING NOBLE

what a martyr. you're too good for this world OP ;_; maybe we'll tag team a waifu on the toher side
>>
>>16862872
not OP, but lots of guys try to get money with the sole purpose of attracting girls.
For me personally, i don't really care that much for money or luxury. Hell i wouldn't even mind living in a cardboard box if i could fuck every girl i wanted
>>
>>16862880
>>16862872

Yeah love doesn't exist, fuck that
>>
>>16862899

cant tell if ur saying 'fuck that' in regards to us, implying that we are saying love doesnt exist

or if our post made you think 'love doesn't exist' so now you suddenly dont want to kill yourself (cuz you were definitely super serious about it before!)
>>
>>16862922

Let me be clear

>hurr money is everything just buy a hooker fgt
>>
>>16862945

then let me be clear.

nowhere in my post did i say or imply that money is everything or that you should buy a hooker.

>>16862880

all i did was point out how stupid it is that you would kill yourself over something like 'havent met girls'
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 300x297
>>16862965

I really don't give a fuck if I'm sitting on 10 mil when I'm 55 if I'm going to die alone and never have a wife/family
>>
>>16862978

if you kill yourself you are guaranteed to die alone.

having a wife isnt all its cracked to be. having kids is alright.

why not just focus on things around you that make you happy, put yourself out there so you meet more girlies, and if all else fails, adopt when ur 40
>>
>>16862993

I'm fine with killing myself if it gets that bad.

I was raised in a great home and really enjoy my family. It's natural to want to have one. I'm also not as jaded as most people are.

>implying courts would let some 40 year old guy adopt. Also fuck raising someone else's kid.
>>
>>16863008

>im also not as jaded as most people are
>IM GONNA KILL MYSELF BECAUSE OF TFW NO GF

uh huh.

>implying courts would let some 40 year old guy adopt

they do all the fucking time. dont believe everything you see on bad sitcoms. you also have the option of just getting a fucking surrogate or just impregnating a rando and fighitng over custody. you got sperm mate, thats half the equation.

>also fuck raising someone elses kid

jeez ur picky. beggars cant be choosers anon.

also,
>1950s poster from your last post

no wonder ur so edgy.
>>
>>16863013

You really think this is an edgy position? Is that your default buzzword?

>lmao he wants a loving family lmao
>>
>>16862872
This, I need money just to live.
All that love bullshit doesn't matter if you freeze to death, you spoiled piece of shit.
>>
OP, can I have your money before you kill yourself?

I mean, it's not like you're gonna miss it once you're dead.

I can easily turn around my life with 5000 bucks.
>>
>>16863066

>>16862978

>>16863068

No. It's going towards various charities and religious groups.
>>
>>16863077
>charities and religious groups
Might as well just burn it, desu.
>>
>>16863085

No I'll give some to extended senpai too and friends
>>
>>16863077
>charities and religious groups

Good, the charity and religious leaders need new mansions and cars.
>>
>I made up a bunch of shit because I feel like even if I become an absolute perfect being, I still won't get any women
You have to /talk to them/
>>
You are the biggest faggot
This is you
"All I want in life is to own a dog. I walk past the pet shop every day and look at the dogs through the window. I earn good money and have a good home for the dog, but despite this I have NEVER owned one, nobody has even OFFERED to sell me one"

Like, if you don't talk to women or meet any women you obviously aren't going to know any women.
>>
>>16863124

Pray tell how I find the pet shop, especially when dogs are overly selective about who their owner will be
>>
>>16863139
Women are fucking everywhere dude. As in, 50% + of the population. Step outside of your male dominated profession/hobbies/friendship circle and you will discover this. Try meetup.com for example there will be thousands of events in your city every year that you can just show up to. Most interest groups in universities as well as in your local area will be about 50/50 women. You can just talk to those people, get some dates, there you go. That is ONE method of HUNDREDS that will work. When you set the bar at "literally just meet some girls" its pretty fucking easy.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.