[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people in relationships stay together for so long and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1456634611656.jpg (136 KB, 767x960) Image search: [Google]
1456634611656.jpg
136 KB, 767x960
How do people in relationships stay together for so long and not get bored of each other? I run out of stuff to talk about with people after a few conversations.
>>
So you don't have any friends, and interactions with family are awkward and fizzle out?
>>
>>16862128
Correct. Am I just totally boring?
>>
Life is pretty infinite, there's always current events, some stuff is good often, and there's memories too. You're always thinking about new stuff right? it's as easy as that. Besides it takes a year to go through all the sex positions.
>>
>>16862130
Yep. You're abnormal, most people can handle long term relationships, platonic or otherwise, without experiencing what you experience.
>>
>>16862124

they tend to do the same things people do alone, but with each other.

they watch TV, go on hikes, and watch movies, eat at restaurants.

as for the conversation that comes iwth the less focused activities, they talk about life. life is constantly changing

>what did you do today
>i punched that bitch in the face cuz she stole my oreos
>whyd that girl steal your oreos
>funny story, here it is:
>wow, that was a funny story ,reminds me of this!!!

every day new stuff is happening. you see new videos, new media, new music, new books, new events, new stories, and new news.

they often remind you of older forgotten things that you can reference as well
>>
>>16862124
I've been with my boyfriend for 7 years now.
He's funny to be with and he has a great sense of humour. We don't text all day, and talk to each other about our day in the evening. We talk about things that matter to us and he's my best friend. We share some interests and we both like politics and such. We do a ton of stuff together.
>>
File: 1452635413507.png (257 KB, 550x700) Image search: [Google]
1452635413507.png
257 KB, 550x700
>>16862136
This is the gayest post I have ever read
>>
>>16862124
Do you have any interests op? Maybe bring those in, it's always good to have someone to share hobbies with, whether it's a platonic or a romantic relationship.
>>
>>16862132
>takes years to go through all the sex positions

This desu
>>
>>16862443
desu I thought this post was unusually robotic and devoid of emotion. I wouldn't use gay to define it. But it's a spot on post.
>>
>>16862124
How do people in love ever get bored of each other? You'd have to expend quite a bit of effort to never change or grow as people, and as long as you're changing and growing, that keeps things interesting.
>>
>>16862124
I think you may be overthinking it?
ironically, once youre really comfortable with others you can do what you want and not feel inclined to have to interact with them constantly.

Relationships are more about trust and openness than entertaining one another. My lt bf and I mainly talk about menial things now that I think about it. The nice thing is that I don't have to think about what I talk to him about, he's just nice to be around.
>>
>>16862773
Underage, there now it's accurate.
>>
>>16862124
>>16862128
>>16862130
Honestly, that's abnormal. There's a lot of things to talk about and do together, and most people don't have that issue. There's numerous topics - movies, games, television, music, celebrities, historical figures, politics, religion, books, board games, animals, architecture, and a million other topics. Just rotate beyond your special interests.
>>
>>16862130
Sounds like it. If you have nothing to talk about, it's probably because you're not interesting and you don't seem interested in learning new things.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.