[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am lonley, what do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: r0e8jkX.gif (2 MB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
r0e8jkX.gif
2 MB, 400x307
Hey /adv/ ive been a regular "helper" if you can call it that for many years now and would like some return on this, if possible.

Like the title says, i feel lonely.

My gf is around 12000km away, i dont have any real friends or people that i feel i can connect with around me in the "near" vicinity (i travel all of my weekend, meeting up with people i used to study with in order to spend my time nicely.. but its only the weekend..).

I dont have anybody that i can just hang around with under the week or actually talk to or listen to after work is done, which takes quite some time for me, and has me stuck in a loop of "learn languages, work out, watch a movie, talk to parents for a bit, go to sleep, wake up, go to work, learn languages..." etc.

My gf isnt coming back for the next 5 months and we do skype occassionally during the weekend, but mostly we write each other, because of the time difference of around 8 hours.

i've never really been a sports person or a real team-player (outside of video games, but i dont want to spend my time in front of a pc anymore, thats all i do at work already..), so i dont really know what to do to meet people under the week.

I dont wanna go to random bars and just drink with randoms either..

Which leads me to you guys/girls.

What do you advise me to do? What could i do to make my life a bit nicer/sweeter?
I really feel like i am missing somebody that i can just talk to and that wont not understand me because of an age difference of around 30 years and a different perspective.

Halp?
>>
>>16862074
GO outside! doesn't have to be a bar just go to a mall and browse or get some coffee. Being surrounded by people will make you feel better. sitting inside talking online will make you feel worst even though your instinct tells you you will feel better.
>>
>>16862081
Go outside where ?? Its literally raining/snowraining all the fucking time where i live whilst being cold.

Any place that i could go to would be inside somewhere, and i dont know anybody anywhere - so why would i go anywhere?

I dont feel like going to a museum, nor to some other artsy thing. I refuse to get fucked up partying while working, as i am trying to leave an A+ impression during my internship at a big company for added safety after i get my masters in the form of a potential job offer...

Maybe i could go to some music bar to listen to people play? I dont really know at the moment..

Thanks for replying though.
>>
>>16862074

first and foremost

>the bobcat teaches us to be alone without being lonely

its a native american spirit totem. reflect on that. though if i had to guess by your lack of whiny angsty bullshit, you kinda mastered that and legitimately need to make some friends. we all need some degree of interaction, even the lone bobcats.

so my advice
>you study languages
>presumably in some sort of class
>presumably at some sort of insitution
>quite possibly where you can make friends through class clubs, or other extra curricular possibilities

thats where you start. even if something seems only vaguely interesting, go there. any general geekdom will likely have geeks of other types that more closely match your geeky interests. or if you arent really a geek, seek out other clubs that might match what you want.

from there
>meetup.com

lots of meetups in lots of areas that go into many sub groups. again, if there isnt a group that meets your exact interest, go to the next best thing. at the very least you tried something new. at best, you made new friends

>craigslist

creepy, right? but go to the general discussion section and look at ALLLLL the various little things that people post about. choose anything remotely interesting. chat a bit, and see if any are posting meetups. and if not ask people specifically about any meets ups. and if not MAKE A MEET UP!

then transition people you meet here into your own rag tag gang of something or others who meet once a week to play board games or what have you.
>>
>>16862116

>BUT WHERE?

he literally said to a mall mother fucker.

btw, any local shops that have specific interests are likely to have local events. go to game shops, comic shops, book stores, etc. and ask
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.