[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do i do to help my bf who's scared of getting hurt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: bun.jpg (99 KB, 880x693) Image search: [Google]
bun.jpg
99 KB, 880x693
What do i do to help my bf who's scared of getting hurt in a relationship? He's suffered some pretty bad breakups before and now he's kinda closing himself emotionally, it seems, to prevent it from happening again. He's afraid of getting too attached to me and then losing me. But I don't want him clamming up on me.

He's told me of his experiences and he even flat out told me he's trying not to fall in love with me. He keeps distracting himself with work, video games and whatever, he builds himself this busy life so he doesn't have to confront the issue.

It hurt my self-esteem pretty bad for a time, and I tried to get him to acknowledge me more, work over his issues and those of the both of us, but it probably hasn't helped. Pretty much always when we discuss these things (which is OFTEN) I end crying sooner or later we've discussed breaking up any number of times. But I don't really want to, if it can be helped.

Thing is, he probably wouldn't even want me to help, since he likes to pretend to be this tough guy who never cries and who doesn't need other people, can get along on his own etc. Is there really nothing I can do, or?
>>
I'd probably stop talking about it so much. I know that sounds weird but it's not helping and just annoys him. Realistically you're just going to have to wait. Sure it's not fair and also doesn't do much for you but an ultimatum isn't going to work, he'd tell you fuck off. Maybe just try and work your way into his life, maybe give videogames a shot, stuff like that.
>>
>>16861196
He's treating you like shit. Did all those girls break up with him? Just because they supposedly treated him like shit doesn't mean you should be treated like shit too. Or maybe he just treated them the same way and they broke up with him.

You should probably leave.
>>
>>16861196
This is an easy one. If you live together, just "spontaneously" and without mentioning it, develop a habit of only getting half dressed when you get up. Worked for me, guys can't resist boobage.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.