[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Advertised Free WoW Game Time on /v/, is it fair I pay everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: did.jpg (67 KB, 691x564) Image search: [Google]
did.jpg
67 KB, 691x564
I posted in /v/ a couple days ago offering to gift people stuff from World of Warcraft - game time, expansions, etc. I put no limit on how many people could respond except that they had to come from NA servers since I can't gift to EU. I even paid several people via PayPal if they preferred.

Being naive, I posted my email with it and mentioned that I make enough money that I done mind paying for people. But then I ended up spending a couple hundred dollars in less than an hour. I apologized and said that I was done and people got upset because I said I would buy for everyone.

Regardless of what you think of other 4chan users and whether you think the offer was wise to make in the first place, so you think backing out was ethically fine to do? Or should I have stuck to it and learn my lesson by letting /v/ drain my bank and credit card because I advertised it without limit and said I'd pay for anyone and everyone?
>>
Sorry, typo. "do you think backing out..."
>>
>>16861093
Fuck yes. You're doing them a favour. You owe them nothing. You're not offering a legal service that binds you by contract. You offered to gift people stuff, and it's up to you when to call it quits. Judging by 'a couple hundred dollars in less than an hour', you've already gifted more than enough.
They're just bitter they missed out on a freebie, and feel they're entitled to it. They're not. Because they're all anonymous, they can get away with acting like spoiled brats, and there's nothing you can do about that.

My advice to you is enjoy the kindness you have given people, but understand your limits and ignore those who don't. There's a difference between being kind and being exploited.
>>
>>16861207
Cool, thanks! I think I felt obligated because I expected some response and to stay organized and fair, I stated it in a business-like, rulesy fashion. It almost sounded contractual at times but it's a 4chan post, not a contract. Maybe you're right!
>>
No other opinions on the matter?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.