[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a girl I met. We've hit it off. She likes me;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: cool tiger.jpg (38 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
cool tiger.jpg
38 KB, 500x334
There's a girl I met. We've hit it off. She likes me; she likes me a lot. However, I cannot figure out why. Everything's great, but there's this niggling feeling in the back of my mind, I keep thinking "Why does she like me so much?" She's much more interesting + better looking than I am. How do I stop this inferiority complex? I know that it'll ruin the relationship long-term if I continue w/ this thinking. I haven't told her about how I feel inferior, of course, but maybe she can sense it.

I keep thinking she deserves someone better. I feel like an imposter or something. Will this go away in time or do I simply have to man up and stop being a faggot? I've been trying to work on my self-esteem for a long time and I'd hate it to ruin a potentially great relationship.

I feel like there's a clash between my self-perception and how she sees me, I'm having difficulty accepting it.

tldr - met a girl, she's gr8, she likes me, idk why, feel like an imposter, worried it might effect relationship, need advice on stopping inferiority complex and accepting that she likes me for who i am.
>>
It's a honeytrap.
>>
>>16861042
knowing my luck it probably is.

(nah, it's not).
>>
>>16861022
You've got a great girl, you like her, she likes you. That's awesome. Even if you don't think you deserve her, she sees something in you that she doesn't see in others. So find out subtly what she likes about you. That should help. If it doesn't, just go with the flow, and when you two have become good friends (because a relationship must be between not just lovers but good friends as well), tell her about this and she should help you.

>she chose you
>She's better than you, and she chose you
>that makes you better than all the guys who you think are better than you
>and she didn't chose THEM
>SHE CHOSE YOU

Using your own laid out premises, I hopefully demonstrated to you logically that you should feel slightly better about yourself. But hey, humility is a good thing; you're just overdoing it. A lot.
>>
>>16861131
I guess you're right. I'm also thinking about myself too much and not about her; I sometimes forget how selfish my self-loathing is.

True, I have this uncomfortable relationship w/ feeling good/positive about myself which I need to work on. Thanks.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.