[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend (19, f) is studying architecture and has a birthday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: study-Architecture (1).jpg (1 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
study-Architecture (1).jpg
1 MB, 1698x1131
My friend (19, f) is studying architecture and has a birthday soon.
I wanna buy her something that she'll use but I have no idea what architects use today. Can someone advise me on this?
>>
A pencil
>>
Some Rotring product(s).
>>
>>16860864
Buy her really nice pencils. Ask engineers. Or go to your local art store and buy PROFESSIONAL drawing pencils.

Or you could just ask her? It'll ruin the "surprise", but it might be better than getting her something you thought she'd like but she actually doesn't like.

If anything, getting her a nice metal architect's scale would work, although she probably would have one herself.

Or a T square.
>>
Yeah. Tools would be tough, you don't know what she has or needs. She could of just got herself whatever you were thinking. Maybe get her a subscription to a trade magazine or something.
>>
File: 150-1[1].jpg (65 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
150-1[1].jpg
65 KB, 270x270
>>16860864
nen dreikantmaßstab in zoll I suppose
>>
>>16861152
>>16861027
Yeah, I remember my dad having a few of those and I always wanted to play with them back in the day.

Do they still draw? I found a nice drawing board.
>>
>>16861782
civ eng here
only old or weird ones do

but most are still building models
google styrofoam cutter

or get him a german tape measure, which actually is wooden
google zollstock

or get him one of these
>>16861537

but what we all like in the office are natural coffee, natural cane sugar and cantuccinis from italy.
chocolate and nutella are great too (I'm /fit/, it's okay)
>>
>>16860864
I think you've mixed up architects and draughtsmen.
>>
http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Studio-21050?_requestid=1415143

Have a look at this.
>>
>>16861958
>150 pounds
>>
File: slutty-prom-dress-20102.jpg (29 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
slutty-prom-dress-20102.jpg
29 KB, 420x315
>>16862063
I don't know what's worse, the fact that they want a hundred and fifty quid for a box of lego or that they felt the ned to put a slider on there in case you want to purchase multiple boxes at the same time...
>>
>>16862063
>>16862111
It's a tad bit expensive but you can't say the idea itself is bad. You could probably get it on ebay for cheaper but still unopened or something.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.