[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop resorting to violence in every situation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 500x265
How do I stop resorting to violence in every situation?
>>
Join an anger management therapy group.
>>
>>16860691
They don't have that shit around here. This isn't america.
>>
Develop social skills to the point where it becomes natural to use them instead. Habit is 90% of personality.
>>
My problem is some peoples' addiction to being a cunt. I call it an addiction because it severely harms and damages their lives but they do it anyway. These people are willing to risk ANYTHING for a chance to be a cunt, their jobs, their health, their livelihood. It's worse than heroin I swear to god.

The last time I had a job I was still in training, and did a simple rookie mistake of loading an ambiguous amount of products into a too-large container. My should-have-been instructor wasn't there because he's a slacker sack of shit.

Enter the cunt.

This fucking guy with a neck tattoo comes to me, aggressively unloading the cart to a smaller one, sensibg his opportunity to be a cunt. I should note that I was already undoing my mistake, so his "hurr durr u did rong when u should hav dun right" was not a helpful contribution to literally anything.

I told him I was aware of the mistake, fixing it as we spoke, and not in the fucking mood to have someone be a cunt at me. But no, mr. Cunt needed his fix.

I calmly, clearly told him three times that I was not in the mood to listen to his bullshit and asked if he could possibly fuck off and go do his own fucking job. He declined. So I threw the cart at him.

Long story short he broke an arm, I lost the job and I have a criminal record.

I'd lie if I said I regret doing that. I actually hope that when he gets killed while getting his fix, he leaves behind some kids who learn from their father's mistakes and never, ever start dappling with the delicious, lethal drug of Being A Cunt.
>>
>>16860740
Are you sure YOU aren't the cunt?

You have no idea what was running through his mind, what his attitude was, or anything besides how you decided to interpret things.

You fucked up, got defensive and wouldn't accept help, then broke a guy's fucking arm over something as trivial as him putting things into a different container with you.

I hope you have an accident the next time you leave the house, because I think you're beyond help.
>>
>>16860747
I fucked up, I was fixing the fuck-up, and this dude decides it's a great idea to start making fun of a pissed-off trainee for a simple beginner's mistake.

In case my explanation was unclear, he wasn't helping. He did not touch my work, he wasn't doing anything useful. Just standing there laughing at me for making a pointless mistake I did not know how to prevent and was already fixing. I warned him, he had it coming. He should have fucked off when he had the chance.
>>
>>16860757
Okay, well I suppose he was being a cunt. You're right to be looking for help with this, though, as there was no need to be violent.

Unfortunately, besides what >>16860691
said, I don't have any answer, but keep reaching out like this and you're certain to get the help you need eventually. Good luck.
>>
>>16860668
Don't put yourself in situations that require resorting to violence.
>>
>>16860786
They lack the comprehension to messages less clear than physical pain.
>>
You should try to take some fresh air and remove yourself from the situation before you go into rambo mode. (If you can.) If you can't you should try doing some breathing exercises, it's a cliche, but it works for a lot of people. Confront the person (peacefully) if you think they can be negotiated with. Or just take the piss out of them back.... (better than getting physical). And if they get angry and fight, then you can claim self-defence after you beat their bums
>>
>>16860668
>How do I stop resorting to violence in every situation?
You need to work on your comunication skills. Sometimes toddlers will lash out because they're scared or frustrated, and that's the point whre the parents/caregivers need to step in and explain why that kind of behaviour is unacceptable and teach them better ways of dealing with their emotions. I'm going to guess that you didn't get that kind of support as a child, and as a result you haven't aquired the right skillset to deal with difficult situations.

It is possible to learn new behaviour patterns as an adult, allthough it can be a little challenging at times. Your instinctive reaction when someone makes you feel weak is to lash out at them, because subconciously you feel like that's the right thing to do. As you start to learn to talk to people and express your feelings it'll feel like you're doing something wrong, but with practice you'll get the hang of it over time. An example of how difficult it can be to change ingrained behaviour I like to use is taking a pee. If you stand in front of the toilet you can pretty much pee on demand, even if you don't feel like you need to go. Now imagine you're busting to go and someone tells you peeing in the loo is wrong, and what you have to do is stand in the middle of the living room and pee on the carpet - it'd be really hard to do, as you have so much life experience telling you the way you allways did it before is the right way.
>>
Violence is failure. If you resort to violence, it means you have failed to resolve the matter with your social skills and/or intelligence. It does not matter who wins a fight, because the loser is the one who started it.
>>
>>16860837
How do you tell a cunt to stop being a cunt?
>>
>>16860668
Start challenging people bigger than you and when you get your ass kicked a few times youll naturally look for other methods.
>>
>>16861050
Big people are less often cunts.

Never met a big one actually.
>>
>>16860988
You don't. You just ignore them.
>>
>>16860842
Somebody get this one a gold medal for "perfect little angel".
>>
>>16862340
The truth does not stop being the truth because it is not edgy enough.
>>
>>16862410
I think I already lost because I'd love to punch you in the face, and I'm not even the guy you're replying to.
>>
>>16860668
When I bash your piece of shit head in.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.