[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm terrified of driving, everything looks too complicated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1455755318636.jpg (62 KB, 599x804) Image search: [Google]
1455755318636.jpg
62 KB, 599x804
I'm terrified of driving, everything looks too complicated and too fast, and if you make a mistake you can die or injure yourself really badly.

I rode a bike on the road once with a friend leading and that was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.

I can't even imagine driving on a motorway.

How do you know you've got what it takes to drive?
>>
Driving in a motorway is so much easier than driving in towns and cities. If you're scared, try a professional driving instructor. They know how to handle nervous people.
>>
>>16860108
That's why you start slow.

Go out to a part of town that is sparsely populated and practice driving there.

As you learn to control the car and all that then you start driving on more populated roads.

The more experience you have, it's like a second nature after a while.
>>
>>16860108
You just do it. Reading manuals doesn't help that much other than to remember your basics. You'll likely fuck up a few times but that's bound to happen.

My advice: get out into the countryside or a seldom-traveled mountain road. Get comfortable with the car in a low-stress enviornment. Take it slow, get the experience you need. Then attempt the motorway. Do a loop around your city. It's really quite easy, and will even be fun after a while.

If you need further reassurance head h/o/me

>>>/o/
>>
>>16860142
Where in the world do you live that there are manuals that tell you how to drive? Driving is one of those things that you can't learn without practically doing it.
>>
>>16860149
USA, and DMV pamphlets and such telling you the rules of the road? They're free at any DMV, he'll you can download PDF's off the DMV websites
>>
>>16860108
Find a parking lot for an office that's closed on the weekend and drive around it until you understand how to control the car. Drive around the block the parking lot is on, repeat endlessly until you have the balls to succeed
>>
Rural areas first and it becomes pretty fun.

Always remember that there are complete tards who are driving right now who are no doubt much stupider than you.
>>
>>16860108
The easiest way to start driving is to have someone drive you to a somewhat remote place like a really big empty parking lot where you can get in the driver's seat and practice.

Most large parking lots have planters or light poles -- something -- that can help you practice maneuvering around objects. Challenge yourself to drive/park while staying perfectly lined up with lines on the ground. Practice slow stops and slow take offs. Learn how to drive in a straight line without having to swerve too much.

It really should only take a little while before you feel fairly confident that you can control the car in the most basic ways. Then, have your friend/partner drive you to a road that sees very little traffic, if your practice parking lot doesn't happen to be on/near one. Then practice stopping, turning out into the road, staying in your lanes, etc.

Honestly, in most situations, if you want to travel in one direction, you really only need to stay on the inside lane (closest lane to the middle of the road) without swerving out of it, and make sure you maintain a safe distance, but also keep up with the car in front of you. Do that for a while, and you won't even have to think about it eventually.
>>
Just focus on not being an Asian or a woman and you'll do fine
>>
>>16860108
You check the mirrors first, put your hand on the steering wheel, and step on the clutch and shift the gear to drive or 1.
>>
>>16860108

them boobs. best pair i've seen in a while.

too distracted to answer your question.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.