[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time Management
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: grey-sky-23441281530729JXv5.jpg (20 KB, 615x461) Image search: [Google]
grey-sky-23441281530729JXv5.jpg
20 KB, 615x461
I'm a student, going into high school, and I have issues with procrastination and being a lazy dumbass. I need a system to keep myself on track with school studies, personal studies, and leisure stuff. Anons, what systems have worked for you (or sound solid)?
>>
writing down what I need to do for every class and allocating tasks using a planner.
>>
>>16859639
I already write what I need to do down, I just have issues actually doing it. I'll usually spend my time doing whatever until it's way too late.
>>
>>16859642
you just have to sit down with no distractions and force yourself. You will never enjoy studying it, its just something we have to do.
>>
>>going into high school

You get off 4chan until you're 18.

Underageb& Mods mods.
>>
>>16859652
That rule is clearly meant to keep immature children off of this site, and OP here is obviously looking for constructive advice. Just because a list of rules tells you one thing doesn't mean some leniency is allowed, so fuck off dumbass.

>>16859637
You don't. The amazing thing about high school is it is is a great time to explore other hobbies and interests, too. It gives you a chance to understand who you really are. I played sports, I took classes, and most importantly, I made the most of it.

You are going to have to learn that you need other skills in order to survive. You will have to learn how to deal will all types of people, and this is an ideal time to develop social skills if you feel as if yours are lacking. You should also use this time to explore some other subjects. People will tell you that this sort of thing is something that you do it now college, but there is no better time than now and going into a university with goals in mind puts you ahead of everybody else.

Don't put all of your efforts into your studies, but don't neglect them either. You're still a kid, and you deserve to enjoy your life as well as take care of your responsibilities.

There is no real advice I can give you, because I don't know what I have to say that will resonate with you. I can't even get my real life friends to understand that high school isn't everything, and they must plan for the future., but still haven't managed to really convince them.

All I can say is that you should surround yourself with motivated, driven people. You will adopt some of their ideals and work habits as your own and be better for it.

There is no one true way to overcome laziness, it doesn't happen the same way for everyone. It never occurred to me until my senior year when something happened to me that woke me up and pressured me to change my habits and life philosophy. Now I have motivation and very realistic, tantalizing goals to strive for.
>>
>>16859718
Also understand that eventually you may have no other option than to look for yourself and certain people for advice. People will tell you a lot of bullshit about what it takes to be successful, but it's usually the people who are the least successful that talk the most about it.

This may even include your parents, and eventually you may realize that they are set in their ways so deeply that you cannot convince them that you are planning on taking taking a different approach to your life. This means going on your own path when you are ready, and this also means fighting for your independence, becoming self-reliant, and confident enough in yourself so that you can take the right approach to your future when the time comes. If your parents live in mediocrity and you don't want to be like them, then you must spend less time with them.

Find people that you want to be more like and get some insight into their personality and their habits. If you take an interest in something that they have to say they will be more than willing to give you some advice. If you want to become anything, whether it be kind, motivated, funny, or anything else you must seek guidance from those who have those qualities.
>>
You have problems in HS?
dude i prepared exams 45mins-2hours before the start lmao.
I slept at afternoons, and vidya on nights.
>>
>>16859639
exactly
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.