[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm a sophomore in highschool who doesn’t plan to go to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: loser.jpg (727 KB, 1782x1854) Image search: [Google]
loser.jpg
727 KB, 1782x1854
i'm a sophomore in highschool who doesn’t plan to go to college. my grades are pretty trash, but i'll probably be able to graduate as a average or below average student. will that ruin a lot of my chances in life?
>>
>>16859442

life is very broad. i was a completely average student, but i make decent money running a small business (not the owner, he just hired me) and the experience will translate into me eventually getting a job at a not so small business where i make between 40 and 60 thousand a year depending on what my exact title ends up being. possible escalation from there, but in tihs day and age if you can get 40k you can live just fine.

despite how everyone on 4chan claims to be a megamillionaire CEO, its not the case.
>>
>>16859442
18+ website
>>
I guess it depends what you want to do after highschool?
>>
Trade school might be a decent option. Joining the military might be a decent option.
>>
>>16859452
sadly, i'm really into art shit.

drawing, painting, photoshop, video editing, stuff like that.

i know the "industry" is full of people with way more potential, but it's the only thing thaf interests me. it's probably useless, especially in my case, so it doesn't really matter to me what i do for a living.
>>
File: Untitled.png (47 KB, 299x273) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
47 KB, 299x273
>>16859442
High school grades are not the single defining factor in your future potential/intelligence level.

Do you take high-level classes and do you do well on standardized tests? Do you consider yourself to be autodidactic (self-taught), very adaptable and diverse in your skillset (whether they be scientific, mathematical, and especially social), as well a very intuitive thinker? Are you open minded to new experiences as well as exploring new concepts, perspectives, and ideas? Are you able to have a deep understanding of abstract ideas such as love, hate, social dynamics, physics, and math? Are you confident in both yourself, your potential, and your abilities?

If you answered no to all of these questions and are not ABSOLUTELY, 100 PERCENT FUCKING CERTAIN (believe me, if you have them you will know) of the fact that you can push yourself and develop most of (if not all) of these qualities by the time you hit senior year, then you NEED college to have any hope of future success in life or you will almost certainly be a miserable failure unless you are able to ride off of the success of another person.

By hope of future success, I mean hope of REAL financial success and social successes in relationships. I'm talking about a high-paying (100,000 dollars or more), white collar career her as well as being able to experience true love.
>>
>>16859521

If you believe that you are lazy, change that. If you are not a naturally curious person, you must change that as well. If you do not have any foresight of the future and an idea of what it takes to do well in life, you must change that as well. If you don't know what it takes in order for you to retain information and connect it to what you have already learned, then you must search within your consciousness and try out techniques that allow you to truly get results.

Do you know what you must do in order to achieve personal success and stable mental health? More importantly, DO YOU ACT UPON IT?

You must learn how you learn, judge what information is useful when it comes to your goals, and what is not. You must develop your own perspective, life philosophy, and opinion towards life in general.

You must be confident, independent, and open to new opportunities to truly be successful in life.

If you completely ignored what I said, no idea what I'm talking about, think I'm completely full of shit, or unwilling to work your absolute hardest then I dont think there is any hope for you to have real success unless you manage to mooch off of someone else. To succeed, you must work hard and you must work smart.

Unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, it's not going to fucking happen by magic. Strive to be worth something.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.