[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /adv/. I made this thread earlier, but i had to leave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1456195465807.webm (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456195465807.webm
1 MB, 400x400
Hello, /adv/. I made this thread earlier, but i had to leave before checking it, so it 404'd probably.

How do you deal with OCD? As in, increasing OCD, who got a lot worse and compromises your mental stability. I could control it in the past with mechanisms, but now the great deal of anxiety caused by the illness increases tenfold, and doesn't give me a chance to react before i'm buried in the anxiety-chaos, unable to think clearly. Doctor prescribed me some pills, but those have violent side effects. What to do? How can i go in the streets without being so sure i'll be robbed, without being sure someone i love will be raped or die, or that i'm getting an incurable disease?
>>
>>16859337

ask for different pills. continue therapy. if ur doc doesnt play along, go to a different doc
>>
>>16859340
Should i really use pills, anon? The pills he gave me could work, but i don't want to depend on them, because once i do, there's no coming back kinda. But i don't know, it's not just the desilusions now, but the anxiety attacks for no reason, which i don't have defenses for due to how fast and overwhelming those are.
>>
>>16859357

ur either strong enough to do it without pills, or your not. there is no middle ground where theres another magic trick wihtout pills. otherwise we wouldnt need pills.

so make a choice.
>>
>>16859385
Is there a way i can become stronger? I can ignore the anxiety, but i'd rather dominate it.
>>
>>16859400

yes there is. by dealing with it

>BUT HOW!?

by dealing with it? there isnt a step by step program for dealing with it. its like asking how to not suffocate. just breathe.
>>
>>16859337
Rape, murder, theft, and illness happen to thousands of people every day, and there is a good chance that no matter what you do, at least one of them will affect someone you care about, if not yourself. So why live in fear of the near inevitable? Just live your life without fear, so that you may become strong enough to handle these types of things if and when they occur, to say nothing of the minor everyday issues that may affect you.
>>
>>16859413
I see. You mean, doing what i usually do? Have an anxiety attack once i see two strangers looking at me in the street but still keep going? If yes, if i keep doing it, will the ''fear'' eventually go away?
>>16859427
That is a good insight, thank you. But you see, it's the irrational part of all this that bothers me. I can handle all that. Today, even, some creepy faggot offered me a ride out of nowhere. He was high as i could tell, skeleton, manlet, in an old car. I'm a tall, bulky bald fellow. This was a pathetic episode where i just left after saying ''No'', and yet i was anxious as fuck for no reason. I have nothing to fear, yet i was so disgusted and anxious by this. It happens with strangers in thestreet, and such.I think the ''trigger'' is crime and feeling powerless, but it's tough to deal with it, since there may not have much ways i can prove myself i can deal with those head on differently than what i'm doing.
>>
>>16859454

>will the fear eventually go away.

idk. im not you. everyones different. facing fears should ehlp. i found that having a pocket knife on me gave me extreme peace of mind tho
>>
>>16859488
But there are basics of human nature. Did your ''fear''(since i don't know if that's the adequate word, considering it's the illness creating it, not you) go away? You comfronted it and also carried a pocket knife, and it worked?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.