[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I work construction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: images.png (3 KB, 200x129) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3 KB, 200x129
Graduating high school in a few months, want to make a lot of spending money for college. I hear you can make $20 or so an hour working construction, but that its pretty difficult. I'm fairly fit, but I'm also very white and middle class.

Should I do construction or keep working at shitty restaurants?
>>
>>16858764
Yeah sure senpai.
Places will expect you to have tools but they're not hard to get.

If you're a nice guy and don't slack off no one's gonna have any reason to give you a hard time.
>>
>>16858764
I've worked trades and no joke carpentry, plumbing and electricians are white dominated
>>
Work in the trades. It will benefit you fiscally and mentally. You'll make more money and meet better people exactly because it's more difficult and challenging than working with a bunch of illiterate Mexicans.
>>
>>16858770
Most places give you tools. It's usually only if you're a contractor will you need your own tools.

OP, depends on what kind of construction you're doing. Some isn't as bad as others. I did cable construction (like linemen work) and it was pretty cool. You drive around a lot but when you work you work. Lots of climbing and lifting/holding heavy objects. Being out in the elements. I was in really good shape because of it. You'd be working at the very bottom wherever you went though. You'd probably be better off just waiting tables. You'll probably make more money and it will be a lot easier, aside from dealing with customers.
>>
>>16858781
tradesman are on average far worse people than illiterate mexican construction workers. do you judge people solely by the quality of their pickup?
>>
>>16858764
Live in canadian oil capital , journeyman tradesmen make 40-60$ , fuck construction/labour, get a trade
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.