[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with writingq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (264 KB, 476x349) Image search: [Google]
file.png
264 KB, 476x349
Hey /adv/

I like politics. I want to write about politics and I have a LOT of great ideas and perspectives of what to write about. But I am so scatterbrained that I have no idea how to begin. I feel like I will lose interest in what I am writing and leave it unfinished.

I feel so distracted to start. My notes are either written down, typed in random word documents, or on my notepad app on my phone. I feel so overwhelmed to even begin.

Any suggestions? I've usually written like research for school, not open-ended stuff.
>>
You need outlines, structure, a skeleton of an article, then fill in the meat. If you can't do that then you have no business writing.
>>
>>16858734

>outlines

Figured as such, probably the way I want to go. But I'm the type of writer that shotguns things out. I don't want to do it from that approach anymore.
>>
>>16858751
People have to be able to follow what you're writing about.
>>
>>16858756

True.

Any tips on how not to fuck up an outline? Like bad writing habits NOT to have when making one? one of mine is I feel I need to write EVERYTHING on each point I make
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.