[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wrinkles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 3Y5wxGR.png (176 KB, 401x314) Image search: [Google]
3Y5wxGR.png
176 KB, 401x314
How do I stop worrying about wrinkles?

I'm an 18 y/o girl and even though my face is still baby smooth and soft, I keep analyzing every line every time I look in the mirror. I can see a very faint line on my forehead and some under my eyes, maybe some on my nose but they're very minimal and I've seen much worse at my age. I moisturise and take care of my face, and my parents look 10 years younger than they are so I should be fine and not worry but I can't stop.

I know the lines I have now, however minimal, will get worse over time as last year I didn't have them. I can't let go of my smooth wrinkle-less skin :(

I keep worrying that once my wrinkles get more pronounced I'll lose my value completely and turn ugly and no one will love me. It doesn't help that I'm mega pale so I'll age like a battered shoe sole.
>>
>>16858720
get a sugar daddy
>>
>>16858720
Just protect your head from UV lights and you're fine.

Like don't avoid the sun or anything just put some sun protector on your face if you want to overkill it but then that's that.

You will get small lines etc. but only you notice these. Us guys don't sit with a microscope on your forhead.
>>
Real love is not about the physical. Being flawless actually makes it harder for you to find real love, because the ones who will try the hardest for you are the ones who know the least about love.

We all age. We all die. Try to find something more meaningful to think about in the time up until then besides fucking wrinkles.
>>
Don't really have a solution, but I'll put up a proposal to be your boyfriend.
>>
How shit has your skincare routine been that you have wrinkles at 18? Holy hell. I'm 25 and have no wrinkles because I've used sunscreen and eat well.
>>
>>16858720
Try to be more superficial and shallow, that surely will make you more attractive

>>16858801
I have wrinkles from smiling and had them since I was 12, but that's because I have slightly asymmetrical smile. I eat well, drink loads of water and use sunscreen all year round. Genetics is important too, when it comes to wrinkles/aging. But OP has either shitty genes, or shitty routine and surely a shitty character.
>>
>>16858720
Hi, men don't care.

You know what men hate? Women who obsess over nothing. Like you're doing now.

Relax and smile. Be happy. That's what men like.
>>
just stay out of sunlight, and you will look pretty good until your 40s at least.
>>
>>16858819
I don't think I worry about smile lines, I have some but it's the forehead ones that bother me the most.

>>16858828
>Hi, men don't care.
Don't men care about women looking young?

But alright I understand. I'll try to stop being such a worrier
>>
>>16858801
I wouldn't call them wrinkles yet. More like lines that form when I raise my eyebrows and stay for a bit.

I do have a good routine; I lift weights, eat very well, etc. But I do stress a lot and I'm sure that's a contributing factor.
How do your wrinkles compare to when you were my age?
>>
>>16858801
Yeah, I'm 26 and don't really have wrinkles. I can see where they're going to develop, but it's nothing major. Some mild forehead wrinkles and crows feet. Every time I start to notice the forehead wrinkles thing I moisturize more.

Also my parents both look way younger than they are so I'm gonna just hope I caught that gene as well, because if so, hell yeah
>>
Use sunscreen twice a day and you will slow down the process. Sunlight, cigarettes and other drugs are your worst enemies.
>>
>>16858870
I don't have wrinkles, and I didn't have them at your age, either. I treat my skin well.
>>
>>16858954
>>16859025
>>16858801
Do you avoid making certain facial expressions (like raising your eyebrows too much) to avoid getting those wrinkles?
>>
>>16858720
You take all of your makeup and apply it to the trash can. You don't need it. It doesn't make you look good, you just look fake.
>>
>>16858720
Something something. Cup of red wine a day
>>
>>16858720
As a guy I don't think it's that bad
Also you shouldn't obsess over small things like that
>>
Don't abuse substances. Smoking hyper ages your skin and alcoholism effects your nutrient metabolism and blood flow.
20 minutes of low radiant sunlight a day should help.
There are foundations that contain light sunscreens.
Also you need light exercise if you aren't active.
>>
>>16859981
I'm 28, no wrinkles either, and I have very dry skin. This facial expression thing is pretty pointless, afaik. I only avoid sunlight and moisturize.
I'm allergic to the substance, but urea-heavy creams are excellent to keep an youthful appearance - I know an entire family in which their women of over 70 barely have any wrinkles, and they swear by urea too... though their method is to literally apply their own pee to their faces. Your call, I never had the guts for it.
>>
>>16860017
I don't use too much anyway

>>16860170
this gives me hope haha
Every female in my family moisturises like crazy and they all look very good for their age. My grandmas have soft radiant skin even though they're 70+.
I will look into good creams, right now I just massage my face with vaseline every night.
>>
>>16858720
?
you will get old, wrinkle up, and die like the rest of us. wrinkles dont matter as much as what you provide as a person. what i mean by that is, no one will ever love you for not having wrinkles. if you are a shitty/worthless/uninteresting person by nature, your looks arent going to make you magically "valuable." a preconceived notion that value comes from cosmetic looks is something ingrained into us from society so i wont fault you for it, but you certainly need to think over your standards for worth, because they are objectively skewed outside of preference into logic. focus on being a better person, whatever that means to you.
also get a tan, its sexy ;@
>>
>>16860384
You're right; I'm just such a worrier but I shouldn't worry so much, my mom is so beautiful at her age and she's nearly 50.

Maybe I'm just looking for shit to worry about

Anyway, thank you

ps. I will stop burning myself in the sun and get fake tans if I ever want a tan again
>>
Im 30 and I still get asked for ID whenever I go out (the legal age here is 18 for most things like drinking i.e.) - I think a great portion of this stuff is just good genes, but you CAN avoid a lot of aging by simple measures like:

-dont drink a lot of alcohol (I drink very very rarely)
-exercise
-avoid sun/use sunscreen (I am also very pale but I like it)
-use good skin products, I personally swear by korean cosmetics and recommend figuring out what skin type you have so you can cover your needs without just trial and error
-eat healthy and get enough water (this is probably the number one key to looking and being healthy and youthful for obvious reasons)
>>
>>16860404
>I personally swear by korean cosmetics and recommend figuring out what skin type you have so you can cover your needs without just trial and error
can you give recommends/links/tips?
>>
>>16860398
no, the burn is good.
>>
>>16860410
As for figuring out your skin type, a beauty salon or stores like Sephora will often have the right equipment for that - ask around or talk to someone who sells higher end skin products (maybe even the pharmacy/drug store).

Korean cosmetics have a wide arrange of websites, and even Sephora has started selling some korean brands like Tonymoly. You can also find a lot of products on e-bay (make sure the seller is shipping from Korea, the Chinese sellers often have fake products). I recommend sites like: roseroseshop.com and testerkorea.com

I have normal skin with oily t-zone and some of my favourite products are the tonymoly appletox cream and more or less all of the sheet masks you can get, a great ampoule/serum from Missha (http://www.misshaus.com/time-revolution-night-repair-new-science-activator-ampoule-50ml.html)

It is comparable to Estee Lauders serum, but cheaper and has better ingredients. Missha is also a good brand in general, but remember to not try all new products at once. Introduce 1 product a week to test yourself for allergies, bad reactions etc and go from there. If you google a bit about korean skin care regime you will find that a lot of women do up to 12-14 steps of ampoules, cleansers (different ones for evening and morning etc) and creams. I am sure it works well for some, but I dont care for more than the regular cleansing, moisturizing, night cream etc regime and it works fine for me:)
>>
File: 1372561215269.jpg (102 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
1372561215269.jpg
102 KB, 450x373
>>16858720

>I keep worrying that once my wrinkles get more pronounced I'll lose my value

Its really sad that women still think like this. Welcome to America, I guess.
>>
>>16860448
great info

i have been using estee lauder and i like it ok but i'll check out those sites too

do you have any tips for getting rid of dark eye circles? i feel like ive tried everything and nothing works.
>>
>>16860398
Some tanning products may also cause precocious aging, though of course in a much smaller degree.
>>
>>16860465
I am a member of a fb group for korean cosmetics and Id gladly invite you but all the writing and info is in a scandinavian language since that is where I am from:p

They are very informative and give a lot of good product reviews, a lot of the girls recommend a product for dark circles/brightening eye cream called Innisfree whitening pore eye cream - it has vitamin c.

Also a word of advice; a lot of skin care products contain different things like AHA and other acids. Its not bad for your skin, but it is the reason why korean women always wear sunscreen after applying moisturizers etc. Its not as common for us westerners to do so unless we live in a sunny area, but remember that acids in skin care will make you more (a lot) vulnerable to UV rays.

Dont believe people who say sun is not bad for your skin - even in this thread the ignorance exists. Its been proven for so long now that it ages your skin and can give you spots, cancer etc- and if this thread makes you unsure then a dermatologist and/or others who are professionals can help explain what is right and wrong :)
>>
>>16860465
Retinoic acid.creams work well for dark circles.
>>
>>16860490
i wear sunscreen on my face every day, you don't have to tell me :)

thanks for the invite but i only know english so i don't think it'd help me too much

thank you for the name of that product i'll definitely try it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.