[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I travel /adv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: c5QTMmx.jpg (32 KB, 473x621) Image search: [Google]
c5QTMmx.jpg
32 KB, 473x621
I'm in college in the U.S. right now, and everyone says that I should tour the world now when I have time and money. Excluding the fact that I really don't have either of those things, the whole idea of traveling seems like a pain for little reward. If you've ever seen An Idiot Abroad, that's basically my take on traveling. But I've never left the U.S., and I'm not one to miss out on things, so why travel?
>>
>>16858393

If you don't like forming your own unique experiences, it doesn't matter. At the end of the day though, when I'm on my death bed, I'd like to be able to look back and say that I made a good effort to explore everything that the world has to offer me. Meeting new people, seeing new things, trying new flavors, understanding that this world is both big and small all at the same time... travel is enriching.

You can't get that from TV or vidya, and living your whole life in one spot just seems awfully bland to me.
>>
Traveling isn't for everyone, and it's fine if you don't want to. Personally I don't like to travel. I'm a homebody. The furthest I like to go is maybe a 2-3 hour drive away. I have traveled before and I just didn't like it much. I always had money to do lots of things and a good itinerary, but it just doesn't do it for me. I love a good fishing trip for the day and that's about it.

People tend to assume that to become cultured you have to travel, and that being cultured is some great quality. While it can be nice it's not necessary. Plus you can be somewhat cultured without having to immerse yourself. I mean I live in a major city so I can experience a lot of cultures here. Especially the food. Yeah it's not exactly the same but it's close enough.
>>
Man I wish I could travel it's my dream personally, different strokes for different folks I guess. I could see how it could be awkward at points, but just me personally I love adventures and exploring. I hear it feels like being In a totally different world in different countries, and I can only imagine it is, different cultures and types of people, different kinds of nature, idk seems interesting to me

Also apparently in asia the tiny girls there see the average White American guy as huge and fucking love it since guys there are p short.

That plus me being /fit/ as fuck, I think I could fuck hella Asian qtsss
>>
Is everybody really everybody?

Food for thought...
>>
>>16858462
I don't think there's anyone around me right now that would say they don't want to travel
>>
>>16858393
Yeah i see where your coming from i took a year break after graduating HS to "travel" and now im headed off to college. Really didnt do much except party alot and have alot of sex, shit that I would've done in college anyways. Whatever, the summers coming up and me and some friends are planning a road trip to the west coast, hopefully it'll be a lifelong story. Its hard to travel when you work at a job that pays shit.
>19 year old btw
>>
I'm assuming when you say traveling you're talking about backpacking, not fancy vacations.

I took a month backpacking around europe after I graduated from HS. Backpacking certainly isn't for everyone, but personally it was definitely one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in life. But these rewards will not reveal themselves to you if you don't go in open minded.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.