[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me make a choice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (341 KB, 793x985) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
341 KB, 793x985
I found myself in a foul predicament. I had a quarrel with one of my buddies. Cut the contact, deleted from social media, we don't talk anymore. Well, I acted foolishly and now I regret it and would like to reconnect with my friend.

I was thinking about adding my exfriend on fb and casually message and ask whether us being buddies is still possible.

That's a one option. Another option is simply leaving matters as they are and deleting contact info and such.

I'm a very proud person and reconnecting sounds reallt tough, especially given that I am the one who begs to be taken back despite the fact that the quarrel wasn't my fault. I don't even know if it's proper given my sex (pic related).

What do you think anons?
>>
Just be the bigger person. You'll be glad you did it
>>
>>16858483
By that you mean reach out or let it go, anon?
>>
>>16858372
You either admit you screwed up openly and honestly, or you stay as you both are.
Pride? Screw your pride.

If your pride is worth more than friendship to you, why are you even having these thoughts?
>>
>>16858492
Pride is important too
>>
>>16858557
No. No no no.

HUMILITY above all else. Holding yourself to some irrational undefined standard is the single greatest act of foolishness.

You're allowed to be happy about who you are and your decisions. But you should never think you're too good to help someone out or admit you are wrong.

That's a complete false equivalence.
>>
>>16858608
Even if I was partially right? I see it rather humilitating to apologise for something I was right about. And I don't know whether it's proper too, like I said.
>>
You said you think you were in the right about what you quarreled about...so what happened?
>>
>>16858649
Long story short, my friend wanted to meet up but of course stood me up, lied why, didn't apologise, didn't want to honestly explain what's the real reason. I got very upset cause we didn't see each other for a year or so and I felt like he treated me like shit. It was not the first time it happened either.

I assumed he just doesn't give a fuck about me and perhaps I'm right but part of me wonders whether it wasn't caused by depression or anxiety. It's a great grievance to me, really. Reaching out and apologising would mean, in his eyes I assume, that I have no self respect and therefore can be treated shitty. However leaving things unresolved is equally troublesome in my eyes. I'm lost.
>>
>>16858641
Good, you should feel humiliated.
You cut a friendship over something as petty as being 'partially right'.

Regardless of the facts, you handled this incredibly poorly.

Go say you're sorry.
>>
>>16858672
He most likely met or girl or is in a relationship so no, you don't matter anymore. Welcome to the adult world of male and female friendships. Pussy always wins
>>
>>16858714
I doubt it is the case. He did it when I knew for sure he was single, and even then I think he was single at the time.

>>16858673
I suppose you are right but now this anon >>16858714 makes me feel like getting in touch with him would be invasive and wrong. I honestly do not know what to do in this case.
>>
>>16858746
You won't know anything until you talk. You could get exactly what you want. At the very least you can put this to rest. What do you have to lose?
>>
>>16858808
>What do you have to lose?

Pride, integrity... I don't want to make a fool of myself.
>>
>>16858821
it's stupid
>>
>>16858821
You don't have either. You're asking a Chinese cartoon fan forum if you should apologise for throwing away a friendship over nonsense.

You have nothing to lose, go do it.
>>
>>16858911
Painful but probably true. I hope yoy are right.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.