[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make your face more pleasant looking? I'd say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 9kieHIz.jpg (583 KB, 818x818) Image search: [Google]
9kieHIz.jpg
583 KB, 818x818
How do you make your face more pleasant looking?

I'd say I'm a good looking guy but I rarely smile or laugh, most of the time I have a very serious and sort of grim expression on my face. I'm not consciously doing it, that's just what my resting face looks like.

I've tried forcing a smile and it looks absolutely awful. If I'm in a good mood or find something funny, of course smiling is completely natural. But if I'm feeling lethargic or tired, smiling seems nearly impossible.

Is there a solution to this? I've spent a lot of time in front of the mirror trying to force a smile but it seems very difficult.
>>
File: 1456618328369.png (435 KB, 637x599) Image search: [Google]
1456618328369.png
435 KB, 637x599
>>16857719
bump
>>
bumpity?
>>
I think the reason no one is replying is because there isn't an answer.

Western culture has the idea that people should always be smiling. It's why people often have those incredibly fake looking smiles in every photo. God forbid we can't let ourselves look like the way we feel inside
>>
>>16857719
Keep smiling gaylord.

You force yourself to do it.
You see some fucking birds eating bread or some shit and think it's cute? Smile at it.

You remember so gaylord joke your gaylord friend said? Smile at it.

You're gonna think WOW THAT'S SO FORCED AND FAKE. Spoilers it's not.
You think you have a goofy baby smile? Everyone thinks that about themselves.

Just do it.
>>
>>16858050
I don't think you understand. I'll be in a situation where I can't think of anything that makes me happy/laugh, so I just have to force it. The only analogy I could make is trying to force yourself to get hard when looking at something that doesn't match your sexual interests.

I'm not concerned that my smile is "goofy" or bad, but that it doesn't resemble a real smile at all, since I'm not actually smiling about anything real.

I didn't bother to mention that I have depression because that's not my point. But smiling feels like a huge task sometimes
>>
Don't force smiles that shits creepy as fuck, resting bitch face is better than looking creepy as fuck.

Take care of your skin.

As for smiling idk dude, maybe watch more comedy tv shows and strengthen those smiling muscles in your face? Lol
>>
>>16858129
I agree

I do watch a lot of standup so the muscles required to smile feels less difficult lol

>Take care of your skin.

Off topic, but do you have any product recommendations? I burn very easily and I actually received mild sun damage around my cheekbones, that area of my face is prone to dryness and redness. Any suggestions other than sunscreen?
>>
>>16858137
>>16858129
When I heard "smile lines" would make people comfortable around you, I was a freshman at highschool. I spent whole my hs life smiling to get those lines. Now Im starting college and the smiling aspect has become a part of my personality.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.