[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I tell my boyfriend that I don't want to be in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: single.jpg (114 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
single.jpg
114 KB, 1000x600
How do I tell my boyfriend that I don't want to be in a relationship?
I just want to be a homebody, baking, pj wearing single person.
I hate going out apart from shopping, he likes going out drinking with mates etc and I really don't like the nature of males anyway.
Sex is good when we have it but even then I get more consistency from masturbation than I do with him. I also feel like I am better as a person when I am single; I am too anxious being with him.
I would love to remain friends since I don't have many, but I know that is not possible if I break up with him.
What can I do here?
>>
Break up, just tell him it's not working. Be honest so he doesn't have to be left dangling. It's simple, it sucks, but in the long run, it's probably better for the both of you.
>>
Break up with him. Be honest. Get on with your life.
>>
Blow his best friend, the rest will take care of itself.
>>
>>16857203
It sounds like you have some strict preconceived notion about what a relationship actually is.
Why can't you do all the things you feel like doing and still be in a relationship? Not necessarily with this guy.. but..
>I really don't like the nature of males anyway
oh... Because of another one of your strict preconceived notions based on.... ???
Please tell me what you think 'nature of males' refers to...
>>
You mean you just want to ride on the cock carousel, you fucking whore.
>>
You have a great attitude towards relationships. A lot of people think they need someone to make them happy, but you are well aware that you can make yourself happy.
That doesn't mean you couldn't be happier with the right person, or that you should spend the rest of your life alone, but you shouldn't be with someone who makes you that uncomfortable.

Some people were raised to think that masturbation is wrong, which leads to rapists, and sin, victims and suffering, which greatly benefits the church, but is horrible for society.
Everyone is capable of taking care of their own needs, and shouldn't rely, or depend, or force themselves on others.

I don't doubt that you could find someone with a similar attitude, who you could be happy WITH. It's those that are looking for someone else to make them happy that are destined to fail.
>>
>>16857248
>>16857251
Foreveralone permavirgins detected.
>>
>>16857212
I will just have to bluntly say this.

>>16857248
Hm no..

>>16857251
Lol nope

>>16857280
Thank you very much. I completely agree, maybe he is wrong for me but not for someone else. I do feel like I am not the right person for him though. He argues differently. I feel like we are not on the same page in life.
You are right. I am uncomfortable around him sometimes.
>>
>>16857280
How do i lose this mindset to rely on others to make me happy? I really dont want anyone to make me happy, i wish i could make myself happy far more often. But in the end it always seem to me that gestures and behaviour and acts of other people make me happier than acts towards myself.
>>
Break up and date me
>>
>>16857332
>maybe he is wrong for me but not for someone else.

Tell him just like that. He's not a bad guy, and you think he will be good with someone else, but you don't think the two of you are compatible in the long term.

Something a lot of women do, and shouldn't, traces back to their primitive ancestors, is feeling that they need a protector, provider, etc.
and in that way of thinking, they look for a replacement before they end a relationship.
In other words, they cheat secretly, often many times before finding a new man that they need, before the can end the existing relationship. surprise it's over, I found someone else, and you're worthless.

I'm sure you realize just how awful that sounds, and how hurtful that type of breakup can be. That being said, he should appreciate the fact that you are not replacing him like that, and that you just want to be alone.
Making a clean break before entering into a new relationship is always preferable to cheating.

In your case, you can really assure him that there is no one else replacing him.

Totally up to you, and your choices of course, you know best what you want, but you could friend zone him... something like.

"we can still be friends, - with benefits, for a while" "I don't wanna cut you off without warning, or be a bitch about things" "but I don't want to lead you on thinking we are going somewhere that we're not" "just a booty-call thing until you find the right girl for you"

being that you didn't kick him in the balls by cheating, and you proving to him that he's not being replaced, he's leaving with his ego intact
the break-up will go much smoother than most.

set your boundaries, once a week, or whatever for a few months. what you're comfortable with
>>
>>16857347
Society couldn't function if people couldn't depend on others to a degree. Babies, and elderly would die without their needs being met by others. Parents take care of their children and those children depend on their parents.

Learning to take care of yourself is part of growing up. You can't rely on others for everything your whole life, but you can never be totally independent either. There's a happy middle ground that you balance as needed depending on your life situation.

Planning, learning, experimentation... figure out who you are and what you want. keep it real. Cut-the-cable and stop watching what television is telling you you should be.

There is no one-size-fits all. This is what it means to be a man, and this is what it means to be a woman. You make it up as you go, within legal limits of course.

What makes me happy? Is the deepest question you can ask. Maybe you'll say I like reading, for example. But then you have to go deeper. What do I like reading, and why? What motivates me to read this?
Am I reading to live vicariously? Enjoying the experiences of the story, as if it were me actually living them? If so, is this self destructive to me, am I depressed that I can never have these things in real life? Or could I if I really wanted to?

Do I participate in sports to better myself? Or do I do it because I like sending my opponents home crying? Maybe I should rethink my motives?

Figuring out who you are, and what makes you tick the loudest, is something only you can do.

Sadly, I know more about women's bodies than most women do, and far more than most men.
I can just gently touch a woman in a certain ways and make her feel incredible. I'm not even talking about sexually yet. Like touch here to make yourself stop feeling nauseous.
Far too often women think they need to pay for my services, when these are things they should have learned about themselves when they were children, or teens. it's not too late
>>
>>16857685
>Sadly, I know more about women's bodies than most women do, and far more than most men.
>I can just gently touch a woman in a certain ways and make her feel incredible. I'm not even talking about sexually yet. Like touch here to make yourself stop feeling nauseous.
>Far too often women think they need to pay for my services, when these are things they should have learned about themselves when they were children, or teens. it's not too late

Just when you think you've already seen the biggest asshole on the Internet, along comes this loser.
>>
File: index.jpg (11 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11 KB, 186x271
>>16857696
>>
>>16857685

Ladies and gentlemen autism at it finest.
>>
>oh noes i don't want wimmins to hear that they can be strongk and not need a man to make them happy stop it you autist
>>
>>16857251
this actually a perfect translation of what op just said because that is the first thing they do after a break up they start trying new dicks like the whores they are.
>>
>>16857696

It's true. You really don't have to run to the doctor for ever little thing. People can and should learn to take care of themselves.
>>
>>16857728

The asshole is so arrogant that he just doesn't get it.
>>
>>16857203

you sound like youd prefer to be a concubine.
>>
File: 1437191233359.jpg (17 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
1437191233359.jpg
17 KB, 400x311
>>
>>16857280
This
>>16857332
OP take time to find yourself, find more about yourself, what you want in life ect.

Being single is not that bad desu.
>>
>>16857911
>nobody understands me.

Take some time to gather your thoughts, and then post them when you are ready. If you need help formulating sentences, ask a parent or close friend to help you.
>>
>>16857696
LOL, agreed!
>>
>>16857203
Are you in toronto because ylu sound exactly like my type, I had to shoot down a girl i liked because if im in a relationship ill have to do shit.
>>
>>16857963
This. >>16857994
>>
File: Dickhead.jpg (15 KB, 180x256) Image search: [Google]
Dickhead.jpg
15 KB, 180x256
>>16857685
>I can just gently touch a woman in a certain ways and make her feel incredible. I'm not even talking about sexually yet. Like touch here to make yourself stop feeling nauseous.
>Far too often women think they need to pay for my services,

Is this faggot for real?
>>
>>16857685
>I can just gently touch a woman in a certain ways and make her feel incredible. I'm not even talking about sexually yet

If you ever saw pussy, you'd cover it up with iodine and a band aid.
>>
>>16857685
>Far too often women think they need to pay for my services

You haven't had pussy since pussy had you.
>>
ITT: Women moving around in circles thinking they are making progress to help another woman, when really they are all just deflecting the main underlying issues...
>>
>>16858646
>Talking relationship advice over strangers and not with your significant other
>>
File: ....jpg (55 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
55 KB, 991x902
>>16857685

>>
Ironic how what they want so desperately, is slipping further and further from their grasp as they try to improve themselves by becoming wagecucks.
>>
>>16858909
wut
>>
>>16859075
Isn't it obvious girls would rather have chad or jamal than STEMbois. now girls are preferring to be with other girls or alone before they would date MATH.
>>
Just break up with him. But most definitely do not expect to be friends. One thing girls need to realize with guys is, if you break up with a guy, you two are never. within a 99% possibility, going to be friends. As a guy I would most probably never talk to a girl that broke up with me.
>>
>>16859186
I'm friends with all my exes, except one. She married this really insecure short fat bald guy, who's super jealous of her cheating.
>>
File: 4699149.png (67 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
4699149.png
67 KB, 219x219
>>16857685
Fucking kek

Maybe you could help me Anon. Where do I touch myself to get rid of the self hate?
>>
>>16859289

plastic surgeon?
>>
File: acupressure.png (73 KB, 561x171) Image search: [Google]
acupressure.png
73 KB, 561x171
>>
Break up with him, don't make him suffer you.
Have fun being the female equivalent of a manchild and die unhappy and alone.
I look forward to it.
>>
>>16859289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQS_cpJvPGI
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 195x258
>>16857347
>How do i lose this mindset to rely on others to make me happy?

For me, I just value the things in my life, like a favorite book or my favorite pair of jeans. I don't know, it seems like relationships are too bothersome for me. They make me feel shitty, or maybe he just does...

>>16857453
>Tell him just like that. He's not a bad guy, and you think he will be good with someone else, but you don't think the two of you are compatible in the long term

I intend on doing this and yes lol at the rest of your post...

>>16857780
No not at all. I am not interested in any other men or having sex.

>>16857938
LMAO God no. I don't want ANY relationship.

>>16858058
You would not be my type though.

>>16859142
Idk who Chad or Jamal is but I am definitely not a lesbian. I just want to be alone in my own happy bubble...

>>16859186
That's that saddest part.. I know he won't want to be my friend.

>>16859343
I am happiest alone though but thank you for the warm wishes nonetheless lol
>>
>>16859516
I hope the breakup goes well.
As well as it could go that is
>>
>>16859516

You sound like me. I'd rather relax at home in my own comfort. It's not that I can't go out, or that I won't - I simply prefer not to. At home I can do my own thing, be my own person without having to worry about anyone else, and that's probably why the relationship with your guy isn't going so hot.

Neither of you want to compromise too much so it turns to friction. If you want to be alone, just tell him. You don't sound all that happy in the relationship anyway if you'd rather just be on your own.
>>
>>16857938
Not OP, but suppose that is what I'm looking for. How do I get it?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.