[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help /adv/ I am 18 and my dad is threatening to kick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nc0ig1ryfy1rqe1l4o1_540.jpg (50 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc0ig1ryfy1rqe1l4o1_540.jpg
50 KB, 540x405
I need help /adv/

I am 18 and my dad is threatening to kick me out. Doesn't matter for what reasons really, none of my own, just that he's probably mentally ill and abusive.

I have no money, no job, still in school and all my time is spent studying in the hope I can get into a good uni and gtfo his house, but that's not looking good and I probably won't be able to go.

I live in the UK if that helps.

Any advice is welcome, I just don't know what to do. He keeps blackmailing me and threatening me and I just don't even want to come home any more.
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 98x131) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 98x131
Put fier on him.
>>
>>16857180
Don't worry, getting into uni in the UK is really easy

It's like a joke
>>
>>16857219
I'm trying to get out of the UK so I'm not applying here
>>
That sounds like a really shitty situation. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Do you have any friends or family you can stay with temporarily?
>>
Well why don't you get a job and a small studio apartment?

I don't know what the minimum wage is there, but here a $12 p/h job 24 hours a week after 4 weeks amounts to $1,152, and that usually includes all utilities. Or perhaps get a roommate and split the rent with them.
>>
Ah so you want to go to uni out of the U.K.? Talk to a careers advisor or whatever they are called here in the UK--people at school who offer advice. You may have options you don't know about. Maybe go to a uk uni and then study abroad. GL
>>
>>16857219
Where are you thinking of going?
>>
>>16857226
Where do you plan on going?

American landlords will milk you of all money when they find that you're an out of state/international student and schools will cost you hundreds of thousands (in my case).

Unless of course you mean elsewhere in Europe.
>>
>>16857180

>he wants to kick me out
>but the reasons don't matter

Methinks you're not telling the full story

Also at 18 you're an adult so go get a job and learn to survive. If your dad is kicking you out there is exactly nothing you can Do about it
>>
>>16857232
>>16857237
lel yes it's America.

It's been my goal since I was maybe 10 so I started working towards it and applying last year. Everything was going well, the dad promised to help me (which is why I stuck with this difficult goal), and now he treats me like shit and completely ripped the rug under my feet and left me alone.

He's so unpredictable, one day he'll treat you like his child and the next he'll make you want to die.
>>
Talk to a counselor or therapist. You got screwed up by entitlement culture and are thinking that parents owe their kids something after they are 18. They don't owe you anything. You were probably quite a burden for many years, but you wouldn't have made it this far if he didn't love you.
After you turn 18, if you want to be roommates with someone, even your dad, you have to get along, or move. That means paying your share, and being respectful. If you aren't he has every right to throw you out. grow up
>>
>>16857227
all my family is in another country far away and I don't have any friends willing to let me stay
>>
A lot of guys in here sucking their own dads cocks lmao

if your dad is a dickhead and he no longer has any legal obligation to care for you since ur 18, your best chance is to say "fuck this place" and make something better if yourself

is there something like the JobCorps( a U.S. program) in the UK? They give housing and schooling opportunities in exchange for having to live with a bunch of shitty, hoodrat people for the length of the program. It's a good option if you have no where to go tho. Maybe look towards the military? Do you have any friends to bunk with while you try to figure shit out without some dickhead fucking with you constantly? Don't rely on friends too much though because the only person you can rely 100% on is yourself

Goodluck OP, I experienced something of the sort as well when I was 17 and still in high school. I pushed myself to work full time and do college as well while moving from place to place and am now doing much better than a lot of the people I know IRL. I hope you can do it as well
>>
>>16857340
hey thanks for this anon

I'll look into anything similar to JobCorps I can get along well with anyone, even hoodrat types so it sounds quite good actually.

I would join the military but I'm a girl and wouldn't feel safe + would worry my mum way too much; she's such a sweetheart and already has to deal with my dad I don't want to stress her out even more.

It seems like everything is against me right now, to add to that I have the worst social anxiety possible making it hard to even talk to people but I guess so much hardship right now will make my future worth it even more.
>>
>>16857309
They do

Parents who don't/can't support kids through higher education are deadbeats
>>
>>16857309
>parents don't owe their kids anything after they turn 18

Eh I guess legally you're right but how can you just stop giving a shit about your kid or just leave it once it's legal to?

Dunno at least my dad taught me what not to do when I have a child
>>
>>16857388
People who can't support children shouldn't be allowed to have them in the first place.

If you're parents couldn't post a $200,0000 bond they should have been denied a baby license. Then we wouldn't have all these first-world problems, or 3rd.

Be grateful that you're alive. Go get a job and save up so you can have a kid one day.
>>
>>16857400
>how can you just stop giving a shit about your kid

kid just wants to smoke weed all day and play vidya. says dad i wanna go fuck off to merica, and need you to pay for it. sell your house, and go sleep on a bench so i can live my dream since i was 10

how do you respond?
shut up and eat your cereal, you wanker
stop smoking weed or get out of my house.
>>
>>16857850
lel.

I am definitely not like that. I only went for the Murrica thing because he said he could 100% support me and I had the green light to apply. All my grades looked perfect, I was basically set for a place. And suddenly he went "lol no" exactly when I'm getting accepted. It's not like I knew it wasn't going to happen and went for it anyway.

I study, never party, smoke, do drugs, I'm a picture perfect kid but he still chooses to be a psycho-manipulative deadbeat. The fuck does everyone always assume the kid is in the wrong?
>>
>>16857866
you're the one doing all the assuming around here.

what is your dad telling you?
I support animal rights 100%, that doesn't mean I feed 10,000 greyhounds a year that can no longer race. It just isn't practical. Killing them is the only humane thing to do, as long as the "sport" is allowed to exist.

What have you done towards your dream?
Have you looked for creepy old swinger couples that take foreign exchange students into their bedrooms? Or work programs like Hershey chocolate factories that provide housing for tax-free laborers that want to study in america?

or do you expect dad to pull a second job out of his ass to pay for everything?
do you imagine that he has that kind of cash buried somewhere?
Is he frustrated that he can't afford it, and ashamed that you'll be disappointed if he tells you the truth?
>>
>>16857937
If he couldn't afford it he shouldn't have promised me and told me to go for it.

>Have you looked for creepy old swinger couples that take foreign exchange students into their bedrooms? Or work programs like Hershey chocolate factories that provide housing for tax-free laborers that want to study in america?
I will do anything I can. How do I find all these opportunities?
>>
Sucks being born in the UK
you're literally considered property, a subject
costs a fortune to buy your freedom
and even then if you do well for yourself somewhere else, the crown still wants their cut of you earnings

good luck
>>
>>16858089
Not born here but lived here for about a decade so I have a British passport. Nothing about this place appeals to me except the nhs lol.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.