[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College feels thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
College for me isn't going that great. Academically I'm doing fine, but I feel like I could be a lot more social but I'm not. I commute to school because, honestly, I couldn't do the dorm life. I have way too many bad living habits and would feel confined to a room. A lot of commuters go to my school, I am aware of that, but I still feel depressed or sad whenever I think of society's expectations for a 19 year old. I just have a part-time job and still live at home. I don't know.... I just feel sad and at times unwilling to do anything.
>>
Do you have friends? I commute and still live at home, and I've never felt like I'm missing out or anything, but almost all my friends are/were in the same boat too.
>>
>>16856930

I have some friends, yeah. Most are commuters, but I'm not exactly super close with them. Two of the guys I know I'm trying to get to know better because they seem really cool. If you don't mind me asking, what school do you attend?
>>
>>16856927
Commuting automatically excludes you from a lot of social activity because it tends to happen spontaneously on the spot among residents - "hey," someone will shout in a dorm hallway, "Who wants to go out for pizza?"

So you have to work harder to create connections. Join clubs. Arrange your commuting schedule so you can spend more time on campus, working in the library or just hanging out in the snack bar. Reach out to others.
>>
>>16856979
This guy gets it

Societies & clubs are where its gonna be at for you
>>
>>16856979
>join clubs
This guy knows what he is talking about. Join some group that does fun activities. A student radio, student pub/Cafe, or something like a organisation for helping students get work experience. There are many local and international organisations. Check if your uni have something called IAESTE. A org for giving students with technical or science background a internship abroad.
Don't just go home when classes ate finished, ask the others to join you to study and then maybe go for some food or do something. You need to actively ask people to join you and make some small plan for them to join. Take the initiative.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.