[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help guys. Is telling someone that you love them a way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 38809_432093488152_1666027_n.jpg (34 KB, 719x446) Image search: [Google]
38809_432093488152_1666027_n.jpg
34 KB, 719x446
I need help guys.

Is telling someone that you love them a way of getting over them?

>know girl for 7 years
>despite legitimately strong friendship, kept my love a secret
>friendship started because I liked her but there was a missed connection
>asked her out on a date, said yes, was late coming home for me to pick her up and since i was carpooling with another couple and we were seeing a movie, we had to go
>get a call from her like 15 minutes later but it's too late
>fack
>later tell her I like her but she's talking to another boy (this was sophomore year HS)
>we stay friends and become pretty close
>times when I was there for her and times when she was there for me
>been talking less past few years (different colleges, she became involved in a legitimate relationship, still is)
>while at college, become friends with hella girls, fuck some of them
>years go by and still can't shake HER from my mind
>maybe go two weeks then boom there she is again
>never tell her but keep in touch enough to talk like every few months, sometimes more often
>this is still happening
>I've had enough
>feel strong compulsory urge to just tell her the truth even if it ends the friendship
>don't wanna do it if my feelings will stay the same afterwards
>simultaneously feel like I need to do it in order to move on
>not trying to end her relationship
>just want her to know but not sure if that's selfish
>or the right thing to do

Tragically, I don't have a chance to do this with her face-to-face as she now lives in NorCal and I'm in SoCal. So, I have a message written up (3/4 of all our conversations have happened via text anyway, even when we're in close proximity for the lulz)

All I'd have to do is hit enter. Thoughts? Should I or shouldn't I? What's the downside to telling her, despite the possibility of losing her as a friend, which I'm prepared for if it comes to that? Most importantly: Could doing this help me move on?
>>
Nothing will come out of it either way. You should quit talking her though.
>>
>>16856729
I thought I could probably avoid all of this by just cutting off all contact but I don't think that'll keep her from re-entering my mind down the road, especially since she always messages or calls me every few months. If nothing will come of it either way, then I probably have nothing to lose and it might help me to get it off my chest?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.