[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving for love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1456604250166.jpg (17 KB, 720x390) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456604250166.jpg
17 KB, 720x390
Have you guys ever moved to a different state or country for someone you were dating? How did it end up?
>>
>>16856648
Not me personally but I have a few stories of friends/family who have.

Two people with a dysfunctional relationship moved to CA from MI when they were totally in love. They ended up breaking up, but both stayed in CA because it's a great place and they were able to make their own lives here and pursue the opportunities they were offered.

One guy I knew was accepted into a grad program at Stanford for engineering but decided not to go in order to follow his then-girlfriend to Massachusetts or some place like that so she could go to her dream school for a PhD in literature. They're still together and got married, but he regrets not going to Stanford. She is a freelance writer, which personally I think is stupid because she could still be doing if he had taken the great opportunity to go to his dream grad school and make money to support both of them.

My aunt's boyfriend followed her from CA to Boston for her to pursue a position as a professor there. He fucking hated it and it put a strain on their relationship. She didn't like the position and they moved back to CA. I think you really get to know where you stand in a relationship when you do shit like move across the country together for the benefit of one person and not both of you. They broke up and he regrets the 17 years they were together because Boston was the final straw for him to realize he had been her doormat for so long.
>>
>>16856672
Thanks for the stories and the insight.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.