[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some major differences between the high school and university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Solaire_s_Bizarre_Adventure.jpg (85 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
Solaire_s_Bizarre_Adventure.jpg
85 KB, 500x290
What are some major differences between the high school and university experience?
>>
>>16855308
Hs is full of kids and if kids screw up they get a slap on the wrist or help.

Uni is full of adults who are expected to be able to fend for themselves. Barring gross misconduct you will see no intervention whatsoever.

If you're used to dragging your feet, you will crash and burn.
>>
In college there's a much wider expanse of opportunity. You can conceivably take many different approaches to your life. The structure mostly comes down to your choices and your ambition. That having been said, one of the choices is to stick around the people who act exactly like they did while in high school. There would honestly be no major difference in your life whatsoever if you chose to hang around them.

My college life was way different than in high school. Lots of impulsive decisions, lots of adventure. The only overarching decision I made was that whatever I did, I resolved to be good at it. That included my classes so my grades never slipped as a result. But I did some of the party/drinking/drugs stuff, some of the "let's pretend like we're actual adults" life, physical fitness, networking, random ass classes, etc. All of it. I wasn't even close to having that much freedom in high school. But I'm serious when I say that opportunity is the key. You don't HAVE to do what I did. You have just as much opportunity to take a one-track approach to your time there.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.