[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stop being a social autist after being alone for about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: why.png (92 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
why.png
92 KB, 412x351
How do you stop being a social autist after being alone for about a decade?
>can't do small talk
>can't hold conversations
>can't initiate conversations
>can't even talk to people online that well, but I have before
I need to know because I'm either getting a job or going to college soon and don't want to fuck my life up even more. Thanks.
>>
Your best bet is to go to a therapist. You'll probably go through cognitive behavioural therapy and They'll make you do some sort of exposure where you start off just saying hi to random people or asking for the time, and then add you get more comfortable they'll make you do incrementally scarier social stuff like having conversations and purposely embarrassing yourself. Quite frankly you can do this on your own as well but you'll have to keep doing it
>>
>>16854893
Thanks, I guess I'll have to try some of it myself since I most likely can't get a therapist.
>>
>>16854915
Therapists usually charge on a sliding scale, and there's probably free support groups in your city somewhere. I highly recommend checking them out because it's much easier getting through this with people helping you.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.