[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the chance to meet my real father who I have never met
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 61247f0a13c6e77c969394db0abfc2f6.jpg (654 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
61247f0a13c6e77c969394db0abfc2f6.jpg
654 KB, 2048x2048
I have the chance to meet my real father who I have never met before.

Apparently while my mother was pregnant, he was caught seeing another woman and told by members of my mother's family to go away and never come back. Sometime after this I was born, and that is all I am aware of, the truth of the matter may be different as I have only my grandfather (on my father's side) who I am comfortable talking about this with.

Some things my grandfather said about my dad:
>He's fairly sensitive and understanding
>Has always been a hard worker
>Can be quite forward and to the point if need be
>Can easily befriend both people sat either side of him at a bar
>Will probably be embarrassed and anxious about meeting me if I contact him
>He's a CEO of a private health company in the UK and currently has a wife and 13 year old son
>He had 3 daughters with his ex-wife before meeting my mother

I don't know what advice I even want, but I have no one to talk to this about. I am 24 years old.
>>
Man, that's a tough one. I say go try to meet him, maybe get his side of the story, and see what he's like. Maybe its possible to make some sort of connection even after all these years? Although I totally get it if you don't want to meet him.
>>
>>16854771

Have you talked to your mom about this?
>>
>>16854771
Yeah why not. Can't hurt right?

He's your dad senpai go say hi.

I'm sort of in your shoes, my dad went on a 'business trip' to miami when I was like 8, mom found out and they separated, paternal grandmother coming with us to help raise me and my sister.

For the longest time I was devastated, then furious at my mom, then merely angry. It wasn't until I was 24 I realised that in that situation, mom did the best she could to preserve her dignity and still raise both of us. I changed.

He's now with the woman he met all those years ago and lives like 300 miles away. Still friendly, still calls me his son. I think when I have some time I'm going to drop by and pick his brain. See why he did it. Maybe I learn something.

Can't hurt right?
>>
Go meet him, Fake being friendly and get him to like you so you can get yourself a position in the company and make some serious money
>>
>>16854802

I don't have the best relationship with my mother so I'd rather keep her out of it

>>16854789

Yeah, I'm pretty much not going to hold any grudge against him because I know nothing of him, and because of the above mentioned issue I have with my mother, I kind of sympathise with him, but I won't admit it to him.

>>16854844

Funnily enough, I considered this.

>>16854829

Its good to know both sides of a difficult story, and I won't really be comfortable not knowing who he is as a personal gesture.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.