[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
td;lr nobody will hire me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1427421303076.jpg (58 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1427421303076.jpg
58 KB, 722x349
Hey /adv/. Kinda have a problem here

>Shit work history
>Nobody in my area is hiring
>Don't have friends, can't use connections to get a job
>I'm not doing anything illegal
>I go to community college so I can't get a job that conflicts with that
>Can't do uber because I don't have a phone
>Can't lie on a resume because any background check shows the 10000000+ jobs I quit/got fired/laid off from
>Don't get hired whether I lie on a resume or not
>Can't join the military because meds
>I'm not selling my body ffs
>Can't do mturk because they fucked up my account and now I can't make another one

I get it. It's my fault and you think I'm a faggot etc etc. If that's all you have to say don't bother because I'm not even going to respond to you. Just tell me how I can make some kind of money
>>
>>16854441
>Just tell me how I can make some kind of money

Learn a trade.
>>
>>16854450
Examples?
>>
>>16854454
Welder
Machinist
Mechanic
>>
>>16854459
Alright well assuming my money for community college runs out before I can do that...

What other options are there?
>>
>>16854441
Same here I have a gap in my employment because I couldn't find a stable ride to the jobs so I have like an 18 month gap

I worked odd jobs during that time but there was various ones and I didn't do it long is there a way I can explain to an employer that I had no job because I had no car and was working odd jobs with some friends
>>
>>16854468
Like I said, lying hasn't helped me out
>>
>>16854466
You dont need to go to school to learn a trade. People that do those jobs look for apprentices constantly. Well here in texas they do.

Im the floor sup for a tech shop. Im in on the hiring team when someone applys i get to have a say if this person gets on or not. If i have 2 choices. One being a guy with a 2 year degree for the computer system we use, the other with no education but has been a hobby mechanic for cars for 2 years, im hiring the car guy. The computer system we use is 20% of the job. The other 80 is stricticly mechanical. If you dont know the difference between a depth gauge and a micrometer then you can wipe your ass with your degree. And thats why i have 22y/os that are making 20+ an hour starting.
>>
>>16854485
Hmm. So how do I get an apprenticeship then? Is there a site for it? Should I just walk in and ask?
>>
>>16854483
But I'm not lying

Can they really run a background check and see what jobs you worked before? No way
>>
>>16854506
>I'm not lying

ffs read the OP
>>
>>16854501
>Should I just walk in and ask?
Absolutly. Craigslist, classifieds, job fares, any job website you know.

What you have trouble with is selling yourself. I had the same problem when i got out the military. Selling youself is not lieing. If you know shit that you taught youself, put that on a resume. If you know how to fix shit on a car, you googled how to wire in an AC window unit, you had to draw something out on paper and take measurements before making it?

>basic understanding of automotive maintenance and mechanics. Experence on following instruction manuals and applying correct measures.
I.e. you replaced a fucking water pump

Not lieing, just polishing a turd.
>>
>>16854520
Alright thank you
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.