[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I suffer from panic and anxiety now also depression came on.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 56225431803.jpg (28 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
56225431803.jpg
28 KB, 426x364
I suffer from panic and anxiety now also depression came on. I have weird dissociative periods sporadically who are also weird.

I need to seek help, but my problem is although I am over 18 I'm still insured with my parents for the duration of university. I have top tier insurance but I don't think I can talk to parents about that stuff without having them shrug it off or telling me to apply myself and get my shit together. They have to know it since my father needs to apply the therapy at the insurance company and only he can do it. Already called up the insurance and they confirmed he has to hand in the bills to get the refund. I can pay from my own pocket because its 100€ per 50 minutes.

I even asked this a clinic and what they could do about it but they ignored me and even ignored the second mail with a receiving confirmation.

I am getting worse by the day, uni is suffering under this and the suicidal thoughts are rising.

/adv/ pls halp
>>
>>16853764
Hey anon, are there any free services that you can go to temporarily? Like a free phone where you can just talk to.

Are you ready to confront your parents about it? I feel like that should be your first step. But if that's proving to be difficult (well, I found it hard to tell my folks I had depression / anxiety ), you could just find other, free alternatives. There are support groups online if you just do a quick search.

I hope you get there though.
>>
>>16853785
>>16853785
I already reached out to a psychologist now. I don't think I will tell my parents now tho and only when I get the bill. Perhaps the doc can help me with talking to them. I do want a productive solution and in the end I think its best to confide my parents. Maybe if they see that I went to a doc they take it serious tho.

I want to be successful in life and panic and suicidal thoughts are keeping me the fuck down.

Free psychologist at uni would sent me to a real one or a psychiatrist
>>
Talk to your parents and see if you get them to see how serious this issue is. Mental health is a real serious thing, and you shouldn't give up before you've even started. It's possible they might even surprise you.

I do have some links that might help.

How to find a mental health provider: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/in-depth/mental-health-providers/art-20045530
How to find a therapist: http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/how-to-find-therapist
Dealing with suicidal thoughts: http://www.helpguide.org/articles/suicide-prevention/suicide-help-dealing-with-your-suicidal-thoughts-and-feelings.htm
A list of suicide hotlines by country: http://www.helpguide.org/articles/suicide-prevention/suicide-help-dealing-with-your-suicidal-thoughts-and-feelings.htm
>>
File: 1380013131789.jpg (43 KB, 430x402) Image search: [Google]
1380013131789.jpg
43 KB, 430x402
>>16853764

>I am over 18
> I don't think I can talk to parents about that stuff without having them shrug it off

You don't have to tell them shit. Go get help, you don't need mommy and daddy's approval for you to take care of your life.
>>
>>16853822
Thank you.

With the help from good friends I'm keeping myself from doing anything stupid and I'm actively looking to change this situation. It just sucks that my insurance situation effectively eliminates doctor patient confidentially
>>
>>16853847
Shitty insurance situation. I wouldn't have a problem tho, but the state pays 80% of the top notch insurance because my father works for the government. But only he can apply for the money. I could pay for myself but that'd be 100,55€ per 50 minutes and I couldn't hold that up.

Until I'm 27 the state pays for the children of the government employee. So if I want to see any money he'd have to apply for it and it means he must be informed about this
>>
>>16853847
>>16853855
He could also deny care what I doubt he would do but then I'd have to sue myself to care which in princeps I don't have a problem with but that'd put on intense mental stress on me and wouldn't serve the purpose.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.