[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I take up LoL?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 1452776726098.jpg (67 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
1452776726098.jpg
67 KB, 640x420
Every night at around 10 my boyfriend jumps on the computer to play League of Legends with his best friend and his best friend's girlfriend. We used to play games a lot together but lately it seems like there is nothing we're both interested in so our gaming nights have died while his League nights with his friends have tripled. He's offered to teach me and even asked if I want to join the but I always say no. The reason being, I am a very competitive person. I get very aggressive and oftentimes snappy. I'm worried I'll get overly frustrated and lash out so I've just kept to myself.

Any advice on how I can adapt or just suck it up?
>>
>>16853324
no, it fucking sucks and he's dumb for playing it
see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjzgbZL12VI
>>
>>16853324
dont listen to this guy -->>16853329
d e s u if you think you might like it then give it a go. it is a pretty competitive game and you might have a lot of fun with it.

but it isnt for everybody. i really dont like it. so test it out and see how it goes and if you like it and youre good at games you can get a lot of mileage out of it.

stay positive and try to have fun. games arent meant to create a rift in relationships.
>>
>>16853350
don't listen to this guy, he fucking sucks too
>>
>>16853353
who bit your asshole man? she was asking an earnest question about a VERY popular videogame. go back to your fucking memecraft and stick to /b/ faggot
>>
>>16853360
what makes you assume it's a girl? boys can have boyfriends too. and you think i'm the asshole
>>
I also play a lot of League OP, it's definitely a "get what you put in game," and it isn't really the kind of thing you can do too casually. It's got a steep learning curve if you're new to MOBAs, but i suggest you give it a shot if you think you'd like it. Playing with your boyfriend and friends will make the grind to 30 easier, and way more enjoyable
>>
>>16853361
what made you assume i was a guy?
youre the asshole because you shot OP down for fucking no reason. OP didnt fucking ask if the game was good they asked if they should get into it. dipwad

hey OP sorry if youre a dude. i did assumeyou were a chick because you were talking about your boyfriend, his friend, and his friends girlfriend so i assumed two boys two girls but i realize now that there is a less than two percent chance you are a gay guy and i was wrong so if you are that lucky minority then sorry

>inb4 two percent r u retard
>4% is gay, 50% is guy, therefore 2% you are both gay and guy
>>
>>16853376
no they shouldn't get into it if it sucks, it's that straightforward
you're the asshole if you're telling op to get into something that's objectively awful
>>
>>16853380
>game
>media in general
>objectively anything

dude just kill yourself.

>More than 27 million people play multiplayer online battle arena game League of Legends on a daily basis, developer Riot Games announced today. According to Riot, that number is more than double its last figure, announced in October 2012, of 12 million. Approximately 67 million players log time on a monthly basis.
metacritic: 78

what fucking objective fucking procedures are you using to say that its bad beside you own [spoiler] subjective [/spoiler] fucking OPINION?
>>
>>16853386
the same objective fucking measure i used to not read any of your post
>>
Ask him his favorite female character, but be casual about it, like dare him to play as a female or something, see which one he would like the most. Research a ton on that character. Buy or make a costume of that character to fit you. Then, right as he is finishing a match, sneak up on him, and unplug the computer. He will turn and see you. Tie him up, seductively. Then pound him harder than ever before. Do this continuously until he has associated it with LoL. He will stop playing LoL all together, because he will associate fucking you, with his friends girlfriend. He will then go on LoL every night, and turn it off immediately, and proceed to pound your pussy hard. Win husband. Or he'll cheat on you with his friends GF.
>>
^Your Welcome OP. Goodbye for now yall niggas. + Read in deep voice, makes me sound cooler +Add me on steam +JK git phyed kid.+Kummit Murder Suicide.+ No chicks on the internet+Single, ready to blaze it
>>
>>16853324
It's fun. Good to play with friends. Here's the thing:

-It has a steep learning curve. Your first games will probably be confusing and frustrating

-You will get pissed at your team mates, and probably your boyfriend, or they at you

-The game IS filled with assholes and trolls at all skill levels.

I've played league for 6 years and it's a love hate relationship
>>
File: 1445031809692.jpg (22 KB, 426x304) Image search: [Google]
1445031809692.jpg
22 KB, 426x304
>>16853396
>>
>>16853324
I recommend it. I used to be really into it. And if you have friends that do it, you'll probably have a lot of fun.

There IS a steep learning curve, though. It takes a long time to get good. But if you have friends that play, well, that's helpful.

It's free, so you really haven't got anything to lose...
>>
>>16853403
That's the main point I'm getting from people.

"It's fun but everyone who plays it hates eachother and the game"
>>
>>16853417
It's hard to describe.

Wins are wins, but some losses are expected while others can be downright enraging.

It takes a lot of self control and cool headedness to play well.

So to answer your question, I'd say go for it but remember that it's JUST A GAME. It might stress your relationship but hey, you might learn some things.
>>
>>16853417
They don't hate each other, but there's a lot of dumbass shit and buffoonery in the game
>>
>>16853434
It's just a fucking game it won't make you madder than any other competitive game unless you're a fucking headcase like half the people who play it
>>
Is LOL as boring to play as it is to watch? Every time i go over to visit my mate I get the standard 'Hey man, just let me finish this match!' and its like watching paint dry.
>>
>>16853324
I used to play vidya with my boyfriend too, but we've kinda drifted away from the one game we shared.

His current game of choice is dota, and he's decent at it. He's got a group of real life friends that he plays with nearly every night for a little while. He offered to teach me, but he's kind of an elitist and I am a bad sport (lol) so it didn't go over well.

However, I played LoL with a friend and enjoyed the hell out of it because he wasn't a dick about me being a noob. I found that LoL (at low levels, non ranked matches) was fun, and the expectations weren't super high. Ask him to play some bot matches with you until you feel comfortable enough to play low-ranked people.
>>
>>16853416
>steep learning curve
Maybe if you're retarded
>>
>>16853796
you need to keep in mind you're talking to a lol player

they've never touched like
dota or csgo or melee or street fighter or sc2 or anything actually competitive. they actually think their game has a high skill ceiling
>>
>>16853806
quality bait, 7/10. nice.
>>
>>16853810
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR7CU3CJ7iU
>>
>>16853830
You're either actually serious or you're pushing it to 8/10, cause I'm starting to fall for it. I still hope you're baiting, though,
>>
im not lmao, high level lol is a joke and literally no community outside of it takes it seriously. the only reason it's so popular is because a.) the game is free and b.) riot dumps stupid money into its competitive 'scene'
>>
>>16853840
alright man, but some of those games you've listed have the same non existent "high skill ceiling", and let's not even get into what competitive means, you can get competitive at pissing on a wall
>>
>>16853853
Well that just means you don't know shit about any of the games I listed because they're all far more demanding mentally and mechanically than lol
>>
>>16853402
You're a fag
>>
>>16853834
I used to play quake 3 a lot, league of legends was just a boring, slow, pile of shot to me.
>>
since its a team game you will be so bad since you're new that you will just weigh them down and likely cause a loss. even if it's not your fault directly you will be blamed, but maybe not overtly. do not do this
>>
I get extremely competitive about certain things. I can't play Smash or fucking Mario Party with people because of it. Despite my incredibly competitive nature, I don't really get buttmad about League. I think it may be because I'm playing against complete strangers that I'll never meet. But I also have no IRL friends and my boyfriend and I are also in LDR, so I'm mostly just happy to be interacting with him and getting social interaction with his friends
>>
>>16854696
Channel your competitive nature. If you refuse to be mature about it you are making the adult choice to be an asshole.

Don't get mad, win instead!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.