[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, For the past two weeks, I've felt a lump on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 882x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 882x660
Hey guys, For the past two weeks, I've felt a lump on the inside of my throat, on my right side of my body, It only hurt ever so slightly, in a pressure kind of way, I feel it when I swallow, and I really feel it when I swallow food? Does anybody have any idea what's going on? Thanks.
>>
>>16852577
OP here, I'm pretty worried about this, so I'm going to bump this thread.
>>
>>16852577
dude go to a doctor. even cheap doctor would be able to help you out. spare yourself the pain/discomfort.

personally, no idea what it could be. i had a similar feeling once but it only started for a few days then it turned out it was just strep throat.
>>
Go see your free doctor, if you live in civilsed country
>>
I've had a lump on the side of my throat for 5 years, no idea what it is but I haven't died yet.
Don't be a pussy like me, go to the doctor
>>
>>16852694
Dude, that's really bad, you need to get that sorted.
>>
>>16852577

You most likely have a thyroid nodule or benign goiter. If you have any kind of cyst near this area, you need to go to a doctor. Lumps near the thyroid are 99% fine, but if the lump is an abnormality of the thyroid itself you need to know ASAP in case it's cancerous or growing.

The doctor will do a painless ultrasound of your neck, and if the lump is concerning they will extract a small portion of fluid from it with a numbing needle.
>>
>>16852577
MD here
probably it's a inflammed lymph node from an oligosymptomatic upper airway infection (ie. cold)

you still should go to a doctor to check it out
>>
>>16853983
Thanks
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.