[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /adv/ poorfag here im pretty sure i have bronchitis and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IF_Milk_Homo-2L.jpg (121 KB, 460x804) Image search: [Google]
IF_Milk_Homo-2L.jpg
121 KB, 460x804
hey /adv/ poorfag here
im pretty sure i have bronchitis and the couching is getting extreamly painful. i dont have insurance or the cash really to pay for a doctors visit.

what can i do (inexpensively) to reduce the pain, headaches, and coughing?

is there any way in the u.s. to get my hands on the antibiotics i probably need in a non risky fairly legal way?

>my gf has insurace. if that helps
>more info on request

oh god i am in pain anons. help me out.
>>
>>16852383
Go to the ER. Otherwise there might be some free/cheap clinics around you for poor people.
>>
>>16852391
there isnt free clinics that i know of..

do you think i can afford a fucking 500-1000 dollar ER visit? i dont have insurance.

i need solutions that are under $70 max
>>
>>16852391

>ER

the emergency room is like 400 dollars a visit WITH insurance. dont go to the ER OP.

as for what you can do, you might have to shell out cash. though for bronchitis itself, anti biotics arent really recommended. all this being said

>there are free clinics, google to find them in your area
>there are cheap clinics (here in hollywood they are 75 dollars a visit, plus a visit, but they can bill you later and then you just never pay it)

and finally
>there are illegal drug markets

this is only true if you livei n a big enough area, especially true for close to a border. la is close to mexico so we have a shitton of drugs here. cheaper than if you had a prescription, but more expensive than if you had insurance.

but you know if you actually NEEd anti biotics, you need them or you will die.

all this being said, if your gf with insurance has a FRIENDLY doctor, you can try to finagle a prescription out of her. my mothers doctor wrote her a prescription for acne treatment and we did it all through her insurance, then i used it.
>>
>>16852395

>that i know of

did you bother to fucking google first, or are oyu just gonna operate under that assumption?

as far as under 70 goes, you're fucked. the best you'll get is 75 bucks, but even then they would likely charge a bit more for a test as well. find a free clinic if you can. and if not, get your credit card ready.
>>
>>16852396
>though for bronchitis itself, anti biotics arent really recommended.
then how is it treated? i thought it was a bacterial infection near the top of you lungs

>if your gf with insurance has a FRIENDLY doctor, you can try to finagle a prescription out of her.
how risky is this if hes a snitch?
>>
>>16852396
>>16852401
if its $75 a visit how much will the tests be? can i opt out of them and still get a perscription? how much will the medecine be?
>>
>>16852401
the only free medical secives ive ever heard of is planned parenthood. my whole life has been poverty. i think i would have heard mention of one.
>>
>>16852411
Acute bronchitis is often caused by a viral respiratory infection and improves by itself.
Symptoms of bronchitis include coughing up thickened mucus and shortness of breath.
Treatments usually includes soothing remedies to help with coughing, which may last weeks. Antibiotics are not usually recommended.

im no doc but viral is not bacterial, yeah? that google excerpt says its normally taken care of on its own.

>how risky is this if hes a snitch
risky enough that shed lose her doctor

>how much will the tests be

i dont know. really only doctors would know. the rest of us have insurance so dont have to worry about it.

>can i opt out and still get a prescription

maybe. possibly not. doctors dont like to prescribe things willy nilly. there is malpractice issues. if they prescribe something that damages you and you didnt have bronchitis or whatever, they are at fault, yeah?

>how much will the medicine be

dunno. could be a lot. could be not. drugs can vary, depends what they prescribe most of all. i was surprised to find one medicaiton was only 10 dollars without insurance. i was equally surprised to find another was thousands of dollars without insurance.

get insurance. get obamacare. get anything.

>>16852420

>im poor so i would have heard of a free clinic

DID. YOU. BOTHER. TO. GOOGLE. FOR. ONE. IN. YOUR. AREA?

seriously how fucking stupid are you? jesus, is this a troll thread? there is no harm in googling. it wil ltake you all of 30 seconds. and fuck at the very least you will probably find a clinic for asshats like you that are reduced or cheap or what have you. jesus fucking christ, just google it.
>>
thank you for your help everyone. the only free clinic in the valley that doesnt require some kind of insureance i have to be below %150 federal poverty level. i.e. less than $1991 per month
>tfw we make $2000/mo

>>16852426
do you know of anything that can help with the pain while i wait for it to resolve?
this coughing is making my head and back ache like hell
>>
>>16852395
You know what happens when someone doesn't pay the ER bill? Nothing. The hospital eats the cost and maybe your credit score goes down. Unless you live in a place with really shitty laws, then gl with your infection.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.