[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gist of the story is I need to decide where to live >currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1449179339727.jpg (113 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449179339727.jpg
113 KB, 1536x2048
Gist of the story is I need to decide where to live

>currently own a house in the suburbs, have 2 tenants and my fiance living with me
>fiance lives rent free, i even cover his utilities
>tenants are driving me fucking insane, messy, hog the tv etc
>currently in the process of buying a second property in the city
>would put me within walking distance to work (currently is a 1.5 hour commute door to door) lots of bars, cafes etc
>more shit to do in that area, nothing to do in the suburbs
>would be walking distance to fiance's uni when he goes back after his intern year
>if we move in i still won't charge rent but might nicely ask for a little to cover the bills

The only downside is we currently live a 30 min drive to his work, moving closer to the city would make his commute 1-2 hours depending on traffic. He said he's fine with "anything" but I don't think he's happy with it.

It comes down to being closer to my work or his work, and I feel guilty.
>>
Don't feel guilty. You are just trying to make both your situations better. When he returns to uni will he be spending more time there or at work? Is his job just a job or something that is in his potential career field once he graduates?
>>
>>16852273
Its a really important job for him, it's in his field for a huge company and this has successfully launched his career. He will only be doing the job until this time next year.

The other option is for me to rent out the property I buy for 6 months (by the time I buy, settle, and find a tenant willing to sign on a 6 month lease I'm guessing it would be about a year) and move in after his internship, but I really would prefer to move in asap
>>
>>16852247

how long is this intern year going to be? could you put off moving for that long?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.