[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok so, this is my problem, I hope you guys can give me some advice...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: kermit shower.jpg (45 KB, 480x407) Image search: [Google]
kermit shower.jpg
45 KB, 480x407
ok so, this is my problem, I hope you guys can give me some advice...

>about a year ago I've been introduced to this girl by some friends of mine, and we usually hang out all together in group
>after a month or two I noticed she appeared to be interested in me, my friends noticed that too
>I'm 18 and I've never had a gf
>I don't seem shy 'cause I talk to everyone normally, I'm very friendly and usually people find me nice, but in fact when it comes to one-to-one relations I am often closed, defensive, most of times without even noticing it
>I couldn't help but to feel her attempts to talk more to me, and to come closer as a sort of threat to my comfort-zone, my inner "shell of autism", and so I was actually scared
>I ignored her avances until she stopped messaging me and showing particular interest, and we kept on hang out with the whole group of friends normally
>we never talked about it, I just ignored her attentions and waited until she stopped "trying"

then almost half a year passed:

>I started to know her better, talk a little more and so
>a friend of mine liked her but couldn't come out and so he gave up, now he's not interested in her in that way anymore
>I noticed that I'm starting to.. kinda like her
>we often think similar things, sometimes it happened that we said the same thing together, things like that
>I kinda noticed that we have some traits in common, and we could understand each other

basically, I now feel stupid for rejecting her attentions without even trying to get to know her better, just because I was panicking.
now I am afraid that telling these things to her might make me seem like an asshole, like "hey I know you liked me and I rejected you, but now i kinda like you, wanna hang out?".. I don't know but this doesn't feel like a very polite thing to do..

what's the best thing for me to do? should I just get over it and accept that there are no romantic come outs for this or I can try to talk to her about this problem?
>>
I could waffle about and try and give you some inspirational wall of text about how my life experience and how I came from being too scared to talk to strangers. How I slowly changed myself. How I became a confident person. How I started dating in my mid 20's. How I met my girlfriend. How you can do it too!

But I'm lazy right now so I'll just say: Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
>>
Just go for it man, nothing to lose. Don't allow yourself the opportunity to ask yourself, "What if I had just went and said fuck it."
>>
Just admit you acted like a sped and you came to your senses. If you're lucky, maybe she didn't move on to crushing on another dude and you can deal with things properly this time around.
>>
File: 1392768469384.jpg (64 KB, 800x558) Image search: [Google]
1392768469384.jpg
64 KB, 800x558
>>16851884

>now I am afraid that telling these things to her might make me seem like an asshole

If you had even a moderately developed brain stem you would realize that not giving any explanation for your bizarre behavior is what makes you seem like an asshole.

>should I just get over it and accept that there are no romantic come outs for this

You obviously aren't interested in that or you wouldn't be talking to her, a year later.

>I can try to talk to her about this problem?

Well, you've seen where not talking gets you. You think its about time you tried the opposite? I'm a little flabbergasted that after a year you couldn't come to any of these simple conclusions on your own.
>>
>>16851911
this is more or less what I'd like to do.. the fact is that she's actually been really sad for a while when she understood I was basically rejecting her. I mean, she's probably managed with difficulties to pass on about her feelings for me, and now I'm about to try to wake them up again.. it doesn't feel right..
>>
File: gondola bench.jpg (59 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
gondola bench.jpg
59 KB, 960x600
>>16851926
I know I don't have a good social intelligence, I find t difficult to really "come in contact" with people and I rarely know how to behave
>>
>>16851884
I was in the same situation like you.
The best thing is to just talk to her. Be honest with her.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.