[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting jobs you have no skill in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Skint.jpg (67 KB, 640x419) Image search: [Google]
Skint.jpg
67 KB, 640x419
Britbong who is looking for retail stuff but I've had no luck. I have no practical skill in something like admin or whatever but I feel so limited going for just one type of job at the moment
How can I get into a job I have no skill in? I want money that doesn't come from benefits. It depressed me.
How would I logically do it? There has to be a way.
>>
>>16851425

develop the skill. etiher intern, shadow, or get education. i know thats not the answer you want to hear, but thats literally how the world works.

your other options are to fake it. i do have office skills but never had an office job, so i put down some more or less fake job experience on my resume. now i manage a business.
>>
>>16851427
I understand. It's hard though. If for example wanted to expand my field into admin just to get a better job I would probably be expected to know specific skills I was never educated in.
Fucking system is set so you have to have a newborn crocodile's knowledge of a subject right off the bat to have a chance. It's sickening
>>
>>16851600

OR, you learn about being an admin. freaking take a class, a seminar, an online course, or intern at an office. its easy to pick this sort of thing up and get promoted.

talk to other admin's and aks what they did education wise, and try to follow that.
>>
>>16851425
Get an SIA licence and get a security job.
If you're on bennies JCP should pay the course but you'll need £200 to send off for the actual card.

You'll also need transport. A lot of these jobs are in remote places like solar farms and building yards.

It's a crappy career with very poor prospects for advancement but it's something.
>>
Go to Germany and get a degree for free, then come back and get a job in a related field. Make sure you don't choose a shit degree though
>>
>Getting jobs you have no skill in

are you serious dude? It's hard as fuck to get jobs you DO have skill in these days.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.