[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is dating a sorority girl a bad idea? We've gone on a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1439998809484.jpg (58 KB, 851x233) Image search: [Google]
1439998809484.jpg
58 KB, 851x233
Is dating a sorority girl a bad idea? We've gone on a few dates and signs are pointing that we could make it official.

However she's an exact copy of the stereotypical sorority girl. She gets super drunk at frat parties nearly every weekend and defends herself saying "I just like to have fun" she's said that she's into your typical frat boy with the popped collars and etc (which doesn't make sense because she's gone on a few good dates with me and I'm nothing like that) she's really popular in fraternities and she has a TON of frat boy friends which obviously looks terrible. She's also been roofied before and when I called her and asked if everything was OK, she said she was fine and that its "part of the Greek life experience to get drugged at least once" and she was a little irritated with me.

I hate the whole idea of Greek life and partying and whatnot. And from what I've been saying, it seems obvious that I should forget about her. But when she's not in that mood? She's actually really awesome. We like the same music, the same sports, we have a ton in common and she's really just a great girl. But she gets REALLY into Greek life, like she's living a movie or something.

/adv/ I really don't know what to do here. If I don't HAVE to let her go I wouldn't like to. She's amazingly beautiful, she's smart, she's funny. She truly is a good girl. But the other side of her is a side that no boyfriend should have to live with, yet she's expressed interest in dating.
>>
Yes. You've got every reason to believe that she has no business in a committed relationship. I'm sure she'd be great fun as a companion, a lover, etc. But a girlfriend? With expectations and responsibilities and promises? Hell. Fucking. No.
>>
Keep her as a fuck buddy. If you get emotionally invested cut all ties. If she asks for an actual relationship tell her you're not into that shit. If she insists tell her to fuck off.
>>
>>16851389

if you are in college than your relationship is temporary

>nuh uh i know a guy who has been dating the same girl for two years!!11!

good for you. this is temporary. the fact that you're already on advice talking about it shows that its temporary.

and thats fine. its college. date her if you want to date her. dump her once its no longer working out.
>>
>>16851438
I would, but I don't think I could do that. I'm really starting to like her. Like, I don't see her as just a sexual thing.

And I'm not being a whiteknight or anything like that. I've had fuckbuddys. She'd never be a fuckbuddy. It'd never work. I have way too strong feelings.
>>
>>16851424
Is this something that could change out of college perhaps? Maybe when she grows up a little bit and starts to look at the big picture? I know I'm grasping at straws here
>>
>>16851461
Maybe the reason why you think she's beautiful, smart etc is because you have feelings for her, huh? Anyways, it wouldn't last unless you let her get away with things you hate. If you're fine with that, go with it. I would strongly recommend against it though.
>>
>>16851465
She will change in time, everybody does one way or another, but she will never be the girl you want her to be.
>>
>>16851389

It's not worth labeling people. You'll learn it as you get older. Sure, she's a sorority girl, but you listed things about her that you actually like.

It's college, man. People are having fun, living life, and doing whatever. If you're compatible and like her, date her. At the end of the day, it's no harm, no foul if you end up breaking up.
>>
>>16851553
that's very nice and progressive of you, captain Sweeden, but OP clearly stated that he doesn't like that part of her and that "no boyfriend should have to live with [it]"
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.