[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm at university. Last semester I took a folding chair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
So I'm at university. Last semester I took a folding chair from the campus. Today a University Police officer was at my door with my roommates keys.
He noticed the chair and claimed it was the same as the universities. He asked to look at it and asked where i got it. I said "Someone gave it to me on a late night." He finished looking at it and said there wasn't any markings to signify it's the universities, but that I should find that person and ask where they got it from. Then make sure it goes where it needs to if it is campus property.
I'm wondering if there will be any way for the campus to prove that I have one of their chairs. The chairs are not labeled, but I was wondering if they could look at their stores and see they're short a chair? I only took it because it was outside for many days already. Should I take it home with me this weekend, or should I return it to the police?
>>
>>16851015

if ur at all concerned enough to make a post about it on 4chan, just give it back and say 'hey this had been laying out right outside the dorms for like two weeks, so i brought it in. but i guess its the universities? so here you go...

then go to as tore and by your own
>>
Yo, I work at a university doing event setups and you little fucks are always stealing my chairs and tables. Imma find you, kid.
>>
>>16851020
I wanna keep it though. Am I in potential trouble?
Or could I just go home with it and be good.
>>
>>16851031

>i wanna keep it though

if ur at all concerned enough to make a post about it on 4chan, just give it back and say 'hey this had been laying out right outside the dorms for like two weeks, so i brought it in. but i guess its the universities? so here you go...

then go to a store and by your own
>>
>>16851033
Is there any better way to return it other than It's been sitting outside the dorms? I feel like that's a weak story.
>>
>>16851064
It's a weak story, but it'll work. They'll probably just be happy you're returning it at all.

Besides, the strength of a lie isn't in the strength of the words, it's all the delivery. You've got to believe it for them to believe it.
>>
>>16851064

it almost essentially was. it was in a public space, so just do it. dorms are notorious for having lots of shit just laying around cuz of lazy college students
>>
>>16851168
Returned the chair. Thanks for the help, I may be an idiot but I I'm not dumb.
>>
>>16851414

awesome.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.