[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is my bank going to hassle me, or freeze my account, or even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 480x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 480x459
Is my bank going to hassle me, or freeze my account, or even outright reject me if I try to deposit $1500 in cash on the other side of the country?

This isn't anything shady - my friends and I are meeting in New York and are splitting a hotel for 5 days. They're all going to pay me when I get there, and I'd like the money in my account before the hotel charges my card a bunch of money.

I just don't want to be stuck in New York with a frozen bank account.
>>
Which bank? And no, they wouldn't care about a deposit. It's a small one, too, not gonna raise any flags.
>>
>>16850865

Wells Fargo. I didn't think it seemed like much, I just don't ever deposit cash into my account. I do almost all of my banking online.
>>
Oh, also, if you're super paranoid call your bank before you leave and confirm that they won't care.
>>
>>16850823
No, only over $10k would they get suspicious
At least that's how it is in Canada. If there is a deposit of cash over 10k without an invoice or record then the bank must inform the Canada revenue agency and RCMP
>>
As a Plan B, you could just take the money downstairs and pay the motel with it. I'm sure they'd be happy to take it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.