[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I lent my place to a friend not long ago until he finds a place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: sw.png (608 KB, 597x449) Image search: [Google]
sw.png
608 KB, 597x449
I lent my place to a friend not long ago until he finds a place next week, and I noticed he eats a lot.
My food has undenibly lasted less and that's coming from a guy who does $1xx purchases of organic food while the friend in question just buys chicken, fries, eggs, and coke.

He uses all my condiments, I don't complain, he eats some of my meal-preps, I don't complain, but when he single handily eats the last straw of cereal left I kind of ticked.

Not because he ate it all, because he ate it without telling me. I called him out of it and told him about a story he told me about a friend stealing his perfume and how its the same thing if you don't tell me.

He said that he didn't know I was this selfish and how did I care since it was just a little of the cereal that was left. (which he used my milk of course)

I didn't want to call him out on him using my bottled waters, condiments, and milk/sports drink that I tend to use while running in the mornings, and just brushed it off by saying that he should've told me before hand because if you keep doing that you're giving me a message that I have to hide all my stuff since you blatantly told me you didn't know where the cereal was when I asked for it and I saw it hanging in the trash can.

Like man, why lie if you ate it, and I know where I put it? That gives me the idea that you probably have done much worse while I was not home and just telling it to me with a straight face.

Wht do you guys think? Do you agree that I'm selfish for calling him out just because I'm rich or do you think I was in the right.

Right now he went downstairs pissed to the market and buy his stuff because he wont be touching my stuff anymore, even though he'll probably use all the condiments and drinks since he wont buy the spices for his foods and doesn't buy anything but coke..

Thanks for the input.
>>
no, you are right. having a roommate and having to split food-bills is a tricky thing to do. since he's only there for a short time it's obvious that you two haven't worked out the conditions propperly and that's backbiting now.
it's especially hard to get on one level when you have such differing eating habits. but him using up something and not telling you/replacing it is just rude. i'd be pissed too if i got up in the morning and find that there are no oats left. fuck that shit. i'd say just stand it out for the few days left, maybe try to invite friends and have a dinner party (with "everybody brings over something"). eat out a few times. don't stock up your fridge untill he's gone again.
>>
You're not being selfish. Just ignore that remark.

You were naive to let him live there and not set any ground rules. You probably never let a friend live with you that long before, right? Sharing a house can ruin a friendship.

Don't stay quiet about anything that bothers you. It will only escalate and you will grow to hate him more because he will keep doing the things that bother you.

Next time you let someone stay at your house, really think about what you are comfortable with and lay out some rules. Be upfront.
>>
>>16850806
you are in the right, you have your stuff, he has his unless you've agreed on some shared assets in the food department
your friend is a cunt
>>
>>16850816
>>16850816
I found it extra rude that he came back now and brought a full box of cereal and said, 'here you go, will you stop crying now?'.

He clearly didn't understand why I was mad about it, and can't accept he lied in my face and probably has done much worse while I was not inside.

Man I'm glad I live by myself and this just enforced it, and I thought it would be a easy favor because he was a good friend of mine.
>>
Your friend is a shithead who thinks he is owed something because you have more money. I haven't lived in a house where we share food since my sophomore year of college, and I've lived with roommates since 2008.

He needs to pull his own weight and buy his own food, except maybe on the rare time that you cook together or if he asks ahead of time. You're not selfish.
>>
>>16850828
>I thought it would be a easy favor because he was a good friend of mine.

i had the BAD idea of renting a place with my sister that i dearly love and am very close with. my god that was a disaster. we got separate places 6 months later
>>
just for cereal? ayyy op a little cheap eh?
>>
>>16850879

It probably has less to do with the money and more with the fact that OP has to go back to the store or whatever to have the breakfast they were saving the last of the cereal for. So he gets to go to work hungry or whatever because the other asshole couldn't be bothered to go get his own food.
>>
>>16850884
>>16850884
he probably ate already and just came back and just felt like whining to him
he even complains here >>16850828 when the guy goes and buys him his shitty cerel
>>
>>16850888

He already explained a ton of instances of this guy doing this until he said something. It's not just the cereal, you moron.
>>
I rented a place for a few years with 2 of my brothers and we bought our own food. We decided right away to do that because one of my brothers and i rented with a couple other people together and we did a money pot for food. That just doesnt work because someone will aways eat way more then their share.

When i was planning on moving in with my gf we asked a friend of hers if they and their bf wanted to be roomates with us. We even decided to count them as one person and split bills 3 ways, my gf 1, me 2, the freind couple as 3. Obviously it was a sweet deal for them so they asked about food. I said buy your own but they wanted to do a money pot and i said no so my gf and i never moved in with them. The friends didnt work and had a set income so we figured they would atleast be able to cover essentials. And i knew if we did the money pot they would be sitting home all day eating most of it and they obviously tried taking advantage of the situation. We dodged a bullet there and thinking back on it we were dumb to even ask them and give the the offer of only paying 1/3 of the bills.

On topic, no you are not selfish. You are doing this guy a favor for taking him in. Does he pay rent? either way just deal with him for the remainder week(s) or kick him out.
>>
Do you even have to ask us OP.

Yes, someone who drinks all your bottled water and eats your food without even asking is being a fag without any common courtesy. Let him be pissed off or whatever and that's the end of it.

Until he fucks up your bathroom or shower or something.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.