[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a girl and I'm looking to improve/make my voice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 54330336_p0_master1200.jpg (245 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
54330336_p0_master1200.jpg
245 KB, 424x600
I'm a girl and I'm looking to improve/make my voice more feminine. I've tried looking into voice training but the majority of the resources I found was for mtf trans and most of it was about adams apples. Any tips or any advice?
>>
Well, what does your voice currently sound like? Maybe you are being overly critical of your voice.
>>
More feminine? What's that mean exactly? Like high pitched?

Personally I've always found girls with deeper, throatier voices way sexy.
>>
>>16850442
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1d9tXTIUA9a

sorry i stumbled a lot, was very nervous
>>
>>16850438
>>16850452
I'm curious... How old are you?

You sound very young. Also, there's no such thing as a 'feminine voice'.
>>
>>16850452
You're fine. You sound a bit young desu, but your will will probably mature quite well.

If you're hyper conscious and want to do something, just practice your diction and enunciation, and learn to speak with more of your mouth.

I'm guessing you have confidence issues in general and that makes it so you tend to try to speak with a very small part of your mouth, and it's causing your words to be half mumbled at times.
>>
>>16850459
19. Sounding approximately 13 doesn't help either. You know what I mean by a more feminine voice.

>>16850463
Thank you!
>>
>>16850465
Well, there's nothing inherently wrong with your voice. You sound like a girl, I don't think there would be any mistaking that. Sure, you sound younger than your age, but that doesn't really matter in the end. Anybody who judges you based on the tone of your voice is shallow anyway.
>>
>>16850470
>You sound like a girl, I don't think there would be any mistaking that.
Oh, you'd be surprised.
>>
You should relax, slow down, breath properly. Can you try recording something you don't read? Just a stream of thoughts or an improvised conversation? I feel like this would help to hear your real "talking voice".
>>
>>16850474
How so? Oh, let me guess. People online use the old "Are you a little kid or a girl...?". I've learned to ignore those.
>>
I sound like a child. It's annoying at times, like when people on the phone ask for my parents, but it's my voice so people with problems can fuck off. I decided to stop being shy about it when I hit 27. GL
>>
>>16850478
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0J1HPbr9AXN
>>
>>16850491
You sound feminine, what do you want to change in your voice that you don't like?
>>
>>16850491
That was way better! I actually think your voice is pretty cute. It has a raspy thing i like. What exactly do you want to change? What makes you think your voice isn't feminine enough?
>>
>>16850491
I've been to over ten different psychologists and quite a few psychiatrists as well. My advice for the future is - if it doesn't work out too well the first time your psychologist, give them one more chance and if they still blow it, know that there are both good and bad ones out there, and that you may have hit a bad one. I hope you don't though. Anxiety is seriously the worst...
>>
>>16850438
Well you could try imitate what popular female ASMR artists use on youtube. Technique is called whispering which is mostly about softening your voice as much and possible while slowing down your speech to more relaxed pace. Don't know if it'll make you sound more feminine though but might bring up hypnotic qualities of your voice.
>>
>>16850491
australian/nzl accent?
>>
>>16850514
>>16850511
I just want to sound more obviously female.
>>16850518
>>16850519
Thank you both!
>>16850530
Yep.
>>
>>16850519
That was my first thought too. But i have no idea which ones are good and have lovely voices. Also, you won't be able to whisper all the time, there must be a way to soften your voice all the time.
>>
>>16850531
if you're communicating with aussies they shouldn't have any trouble distinguishing you as a girl
>>
>>16850531
I'm telling you, it was very easy to tell you weren't male, or a kid. Yes, you sound young, but that doesn't mean you don't sound feminine.
If you want a lighter voice, you need to exercise and that takes dedication. Try http://caricole.com/5-secrets-to-make-your-voice-sound-better/
It may be about singing, but it can work for normal speaking as well
>>
Get singing lessons. Singing improves the voice greatly
>>
File: HappyAccidents.jpg (47 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
HappyAccidents.jpg
47 KB, 800x400
>>16850534
Well most ASMR artist don't really compare to the God of ASMR Bob Ross, but many of them do a pretty good job like Marie from channel gentle whispering and Ally from channel ASMRRequest. Bob Ross shows pretty well that you don't really need to "whisper" to make your voice hypnotic and relaxing.
>>
>>16850438
>>16850452
You're fine, dunno about the your "not talking to a recorder" voice but you mumble a bit and that's pretty much the only issue.
>>
Maybe try googling female vocal fry. It seems to have suddenly become a big stupid deal for some reason, after one feminist encouraged women to do vocal training to eliminate it, and other feminists got butthurt at the policing of femininity.

But in any case, it's a good key word that could probably get you going to some resources for this specific issue geared towards cis women.
>>
>>16850438
Voice deepening exercises revolve around moving the head up toward the ceiling
(which stretches vocal chords) while saying Ding, Dong, King, Kong, Bing, Bong.
Holding "ng" sound for a full breath each time and lowering a note down before next breath.

This exercise works for men, so the opposite might work for Women.
>>
Tell me that everything is going to be ok.
>>
>>16850438
You sound pretty feminine to me, you've got a cute voice.
If you wanted to practice enunciating words better a good trick is to put a pen in your mouth horizontally, so like, between your cheeks, then speak for a bit.
Otherwise I'd say just make sure you're breathing properly and stuff, you sound quite nervous, which is cool, just relax, and your voice will be less shaky. That's not really something you can exercise, other than maybe just speaking to yourself around the house and stuff.
>>
>>16850459
>Also, there's no such thing as a 'feminine voice'.
Yes, there is.
Feminine voices are higher and softer. Masculine voices are lower and rougher.
>>
>>16850438
Look up regular voice training shit, like an aspiring actor might use.
>>
Lauren Bacall and Demi Moore did fine with a lower voice. It's sultry and sexy.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.