[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the guy who posted this gay or is he right? I need to know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 14
Is the guy who posted this gay or is he right? I need to know because my wife has this same problem and it pissed me off that I have to do the laundry because I refuse to cook per our arangment.
>>
>>16850022
He is either gay or thirsty as fuck. Also, why can't she just put a tampon in? I would help her out and shit, but that guy just goes overboard. He's a likewhore tryhard.
>>
>>16850022
Idk maybe just be normal? Clean it up (since that's your duty per your agreement) and check in on her occasionally. You're both weird.
>>
>>16850031
Thank you! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
>>
>and it pissed me off

fuck you and your toxic attitude. I don't give a fuck who's responsibility it is to do the laundry and I don't give a fuck about that beta faggot running around like a bitch in the image. You're an asshole for getting upset about this shit.
>>
>>16850031
Some women just can't do tampons. Also you shouldn't keep tampons in for more than a certain amount of time so depending on her sleeping schedule it might be dangerous to wear one to bed.
>>
>my girlfriends bodily reaction to not getting prengant is gross
You should never breed or feel sexual pleasure aside from your right hand.
>>
>>16850037
Your a pinche puto
>>
>>16850038
What are pads for? Wouldn't they work for this? I have no clue about how female hygiene works.
>>
>>16850038
Tampons are fine to leave in as long as you put a new one in before you go to sleep and change it when you wake up. Why can't some women do tampons? You mean like imperforate hymen? Isn't that shit really rare?
>>
>>16850038

I'm a dude, and even I know this. lol

At it's worst it can cause organs to fail and kill you.

My reaction to similar situations has always been, oh well, more laundry to do tonight. But I think periods gross my girlfriend out more than they do me oddly lol.
>>
Pads are for fucking children. A grown ass woman who can't "Do tampons" just doesn't know he body very well. I didn't figure them out until my sophomore year in HS when I was really poised an frustrated, turns out I have a very slight lean so I have to insert them slanted.

That being said, person who typed OPs pic is a pussy who would make it totally awkward. If you are disgusted by it, you're kind of a pussy also. If you are comfy in your relationship you make fun of her good naturedly for a bit while you make her breakfast, or come home later with her favorite ice cream or something. That's what a boss would do.
>>
>>16850022
I mean, its just blood. Maybe it will make you feel like less of a man or something, but you could just laugh it off and remind her to wear a pad next time.
>>
>>16850044
>says the faggot
>>
>>16850060
>Why can't some women do tampons?
Succeptability to toxic shock, retards.
Dicks know nothing.
>>
>>16850105
Is that even such a thing?TSS happens when someone leaves a tampon in for like a week!
>>
>>16850060
Like I said it depends. It's dangerous if your period is light and you use an a tampon that theoretically should be fine for 6-8 hrs. It's overkill basically. Look up TSS. Yes the risks of low but periods tend to be monthly so ya I wouldn't gamble that often. Some women aren't comfortable with tampons for physical or religious or cultural or idk reasons. A lot of women are also just not comfortable with their bodies. It took me a while to get use to it for sure. I got it my period in the end of middle school and I was not ready to shove something up my vagina. I kept at it but some people might give up cos it can be frightening. Pads are not failproof unfortunately even the overnight ones since people can shift in their sleep. Andddd lastly she might not have known her period was coming so she didn't wear one. I am like a grown ass adult but my period is still off by a week or so every time. Ok this turned into a wall of text woooops.
>>
>>16850112
It's a thing alright. All my tampons come with huge ass warnings on the inside of the box about it like I'm fucking smoking cigarettes or something. Keeping anything inside yourself for hours isn't a good idea if you think about it.
>>
I don't get girls who expect to be treated like princesses when they're on their period, and guys who want to treat their girlfriends like princesses when they're on their period. It's just a normal week, except I'm leaking blood out of my vagina. I don't need special treatment for it.
>>
>>16850112
Every tampon brand has warned me not to leave tampons in for longer than 4-6 hours because of risk of TSS. Besides, having a wad of cotton up there for anything longer is nasty in its own right.
>>
>>16850116
>she might not have known her period was coming
This is like 99% probability. Most women don't have clockwork flows.
>>16850122
You are a complete idiot. Those pamphlets in the box are there for liability reasons. TSS is exceedingly rare. And like I said, it only happens when women forget they have one in and they are in there for days and days. Stop being dumb. Stop.
>>
>>16850100
No your the faggot
>>
>>16850139
I've never seen one that didn't give me 8 hours leeway, and they are just like expiration dates. They are only there to protect the company from legal liability. Shit is fine until it starts to smell. Same concept.
>>
>>16850112
>>16850060
Really, you're not supposed to leave a tampon in for more than like six hours. Obviously plenty of women do it and are fine but the official position of the medical community is that you shouldn't. Also, if you're using a tampon of the correct absorbancy, you'll probably get a certain amount of leakage after that length of time. If you use a tampon with too high an absorbancy, it dries out the lining of the vagina and puts you at risk of TSS, which as I'm sure you know can be life-threatening.

Like I said, plenty of women do it, but you're really just not supposed to leave tampons in overnight. Ever. And if you do, you should expect accidents like this occasionally. Personally I'd rather have occasional bloody sheets than put my girlfriend at risk, but hey, you do you, man.

Really, how the fuck do you guys not know this? You care about your girlfriends, right?

Also, the gender that occasionally, just as a matter of course, has their genitals go "spooey" in the middle of the night and shoot white sticky goo everywhere, really doesn't have the right to complain about messes in the morning. I'm not saying I'd go overboard like that guy, I'd just go "YO, SWEETIE, WE NEED TO CHANGE THE SHEETS" but it's not a big deal.
>>
>>16850175
>>16850148
Yes, the warning's largely there for liability reasons (what company would ever place text on their boxes saying "USING THIS MIGHT KILL YOU" if they didn't have to?) and the risks are low, but they're real. TSS is rare but it's not vanishingly rare, and I think it's utterly unreasonable to expect any woman to do something that goes against her doctor's advice because you think period blood is icky.

Yes, I understand that that's not what either of you, personally, are saying, but there's plenty of dudes reading this who would.
>>
>>16850175
I'm not going to leave a tampon in that long. I'm just not going to risk it. I don't care how small the risk is, it's a still a risk. There's a wad of cotton shoved up into a wet space where bacteria is rife, why in the world would I want to expose myself to such a risk?
>>
I think the picture is completely cringe-worthy.

Forgive your girlfriend for the occasional accident and be understanding, don't get angry or make her feel ashamed, but don't be like what's written there. It's the same as when your partner is sick. You help them feel better in ways you can, but you don't treat them like they are a glass ornament.

The most likely scenario in that pic is that girl started her period early in her sleep and was embarrassed/pissed at herself when she woke up.
>>
>>16850022
hello thar!

so she's your wife, eh? i'm assuming ya'll have been together for some time, yes?

i'm surprised you're not aware of her cycle. my soon-to-be-husband sure is because it's the only time we can't fuck.

i don't know if your wife's period is irregular or whatnot, but find a calendar and start calculating the 20-some number of days when your wife's period will begin, and start leaving pads by the bed at night. this way you're more of a supportive husband, and i pray that's why you came here.

just remember, once a month for like 90% of a woman's life, there will be blood and cooch episodes. some women will forget when it's coming, others track them regularly, others will remember at the last minute, etc. life circumstances can do things. so if you weren't ready for this contract, find another woman who tracks her period regularly.
>>
>>16850085
Yeah wow fuck off. Tampons are a hassle for me. I just don't care for them, and the pads I use are actually pretty clean.

I'm not about to come out of a gas station bathroom stall with bloody hands dammit. Keep your shitty opinion to yourself.
>>
>>16850052
yeah and pads (and tampons) still can cause leakage quite often when you are asleep. I wear biggest pads possible to bed and still mess my sheets at least once every 2-3 months. It happens.

You guys are literally retarded.
>>
>>16850022

People just need to get over periods. The guy in the picture is also overreacting: he makes it sound as if she just experienced a life crisis and needs immediate help.

And if you have to do the laundry, do the laundry. You're not going to get Super-AIDS.
>>
>>16850461
Agreed! Hate tampons. That's why we have choices.
>>
>>16850060
>Why can't some women do tampons? You mean like imperforate hymen?
Some women also react badly to the chemicals used in the manufacture of these things. You can get unbleached tampons, and that helps, but they can only do so much, and for some women it's still not enough.

Still, pads aren't the only alternative. My wife reacts badly to them, and wound up switching to disposable menstrual cups. They took some getting used to, but she swears by them nowadays.
>>
Both things are an insane over reaction. One is treating the woman like a beholden leper, the other is treating her like a fragile flower.

I mean, fuck yeah make her tea and wash the sheets so she doesn't have to, but bitch can get her own damn clothes, she's not suddenly a quadruple amputee.
This shit IS normal, and normal doesn't tend to require 10-point plans of action that absolve her of the exhausting effort of opening her majesty's own fucking underwear drawer.
I feel fucking suffocated just reading this shit. Just give her tea and fuck off. Don't usher people into a hot shower after waking them up, with the added pressure of 100 African Childrens' worth of water plummeting straight into the sewage system every second she dawdles and yawns.

>If I wasn't single and I had a girlfriend
How can one person be this fucking pathetic that they have to announce it to everyone? The rest of the post is bad enough imagining you have a girlfriend who's weird enough to enjoy being treated like an invalid, but pontificating your elaborate fantasies about taking care of a beloved that doesn't even exist is just too fucking far.

This whole post is just a transparent dickswing. Classic "I'm not like other girls".
>>
File: 200w (1).gif (98 KB, 200x245) Image search: [Google]
200w (1).gif
98 KB, 200x245
>>16850061
>>16850105
>>16850122
>>16850139
>>16850195

Just figured I should weigh in here with some stats, and talk about the actual risk of TSS here

The incidence of TSS in a lifetime, per 100'000 people, in women, in the USA, is between 1.71 and 14 per 100'000 people
This has been consistent in all reputable studies

The population of the US is ~300'000'000, let's say that means 150'000'000 women in the USA
~24 million of those are under age 12, and therefore not menstruating, as they aren't old enough
~45 million of those are over 55, and therefore aren't menstruating, due to menopause
That's ~70 million women

150 million - 70 million = 80 million
Between 1.7 and 14 in 100'000 chance of TSS
That means that between 1'360 and 11'200 women in the USA will experience TSS

That means that, in the US, the total incidence of TSS in the population is between 0.00045% and 0.0037%

The reason that makes you an idiot for saying it's a common danger is because the incidence of spontaneous fatal heart attack in the US, in a lifetime, is between 40 and 100 cases per 100'000 people

That means between 120'000 and 300'000 people in the US will experience sudden fatal heart attack in their life
That's a total incidence of between 0.04% and 0.1%

Your chance of spontaneously having a fatal heart attack is at a minimum, 11 times greater than your chance of getting TSS
At most, the incidence of spontaneous fatal heart attack is 222 times greater

So no
You shouldn't be worried about TSS if you're leaving a tampon in overnight, unless you sleep for more than 24 hours at a time (in which case, your period isn't your biggest problem)

TL;DR - Lifetime risk of a woman getting TSS in a lifetime is 0.00045 - 0.0037%, whereas lifetime risk of any person for having a spontaneous fatal heart attack is 0.04 - 0.1% - that's between 11 and 222 times larger a risk of spontaneous fatal heart attack than TSS

Check my math if you think I'm wrong
>>
>>16850681

Keep your math off my body.
>>
Clean it up with your mouth sub boy
>>
>>16850022
No dude that's just some "nice guy" mentally masturbating on the internet:
>HURRR DURR look how well I would treat her! I'm so special!
The shit that he's saying to do are actually really, really nice and considerate things that you should do if you legitimately like this girl.

But the way he fucking phrases it, as if EVERY man, EVERY where who is single should do this, is the biggest load of "nice guy look at me I'm so nice" fagshit that I've seen all day.
>I would bring her junk food
>And play with her haaaaaair
>And massssaaaggee heeeer
OMFG OK faggot, go back to San Fran.

So, in conclusion, this guy is obviously not motivated by concern for his partner and her well being. He's obviously motivated by building himself up so he can feel good about himself. Like most "nice guys."

That being said, if I loved my woman, I would get nice satisfaction out of doing these things for her. But it would also be very clear that me doing them is me going above and beyond the call of fucking duty.

It would not be "oh this is life." No faggot, throwing some towels in the dryer for 5 minutes "so she can be warm" is not you being a "good boyfriend," it's you being a doormat who wants to stroke his own mind-penis.
>>
>>16850043
Periods aren't gross, but the level of pussy-pandering that this guy's giving off is
>>
reminds me of the 'eat all the eggs' guy
>>
>tfw girlfriend doesn't get periods while on the pill

Feels good mang
>>
>>16850043
just because it is normal and natural doesn't mean it's not gross
>>
>>16850473
>asked a question
>girl gets mean
Nothing new here.
>>
>>16850979

this. would a woman be so kind if a guy accidentally shit the bed?

>BUT I HAVE IBS I CANT HELP IT
>>
>>16850022

This has happened to me loads of times with my gf and it sorta operates like this;

I will wake gf up by saying, "Its happened again!" She will cry and get angry at herself I will take the sheets and her clothes and throw them in he washer. Comfort her then let her shower.

However this is where the story differs, dear girlfriend will be in a bad mood because of this and quite hostile so ill go buy her junk food to last the day and leave.

I've made it clear to her ill always be helpful in this situation but im not gonna sit with her while shes in a bad mood and hope a fight doesn't start.

Then after the time of being apart and no talk, she will come find me, hug me, thank me then proceed to cry that she hopes i dont think she is a psychopath. Then normal service resumes.

My advice is help her out, buy her food so she doesnt have to leave and then leave her to cry, complain, bitch and moan let her get it out of her system.
>>
>>16850968
That's not how it works virgin.
>>
>>16850473
My gf has marked the bed once in 6 years, you probably don't know how to look after yourself yet. I hear the first 4 years of getting periods is difficult for girls.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 780x824) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 780x824
>all these cucks letting their gfs be absolute cunts for a week because of a meme
>>
>>16850043
I assume you would have the same reaction if a man jizzed his pants in his dreams?
>>
>>16850022
He's a little over the top. I'm a girl and I've woken up with a bit of blood before. Just get up as normal. No need for tea and a special shower and food/cuddles/massages. It's just normal, dudes.
>>
>>16850031
Sometimes your period starts overnight and you'd have no way of knowing it was going to happen.
>>
>>16850022
Your wife needs to get her shit together. The only reason there'd be blood there is if she didn't know when her period starts and she should know.

Both guys in the post are retarded because they're both extremes. One: oh that's gross! Other: I'd play with her hair!
I don't expect my husband to clean up my panties if I have an accident. I don't expect him to rub my back. He gets me a heat pad and some chocolate without my asking, but if he didn't I'd be cool with it.

The first guy is just trying to get girls by being the dick and the second guy is trying to get girls by being a doormat nice guy.

And to all the dumb asses who say wear a tampon to bed: No. You're supposed to wear a pad to bed, idiot. Especially if you're on your heaviest days.
>>
>>16850126
This. Trying to treat me like a princess during my period is just as insulting as saying it's gross and refusing to touch me.
>>
>>16851065
I'm not interested in spoonfeeding you, but yeah, that's how it works when you're on certain pills. Google it faggot.
>>
>>16850043
So shitting the bed isn't gross. Hey we all get diarrhea once in a while and sometimes people with diarrhea shit the bed but this isn't gross it is just natural right.Periods are the bodies way of getting rid of unused eggs and womb lining, diarrhea is the bodies way of getting rid of unwanted diseases or chemicals. All natural not gross.
Also
>You shouldn't procreate because you disagree with me.
Are you deliberately trying to make yourself look like a child or are you actually to young to have started having periods yet?
>>
>>16850473
Wtf? I get heavy periods and I wear pads.
Don't sleep on your back and get up every few hrs to change your pad. You sleep like a lazy ass log and you'll ruin your sheets.
>>
>>16850022
It's a bodily fluid I'd treat it the same as of she pulled in the bed
>>
>>16851095
>Pulled
Peed and pooped? Fuck i would break up with her for that.
>>
>>16850485
Really? I hate pads so much. Once I started using tampons, I NEVER used another pad. They feel like diapers. I have a really heavy flow, though, so I had to use the hugest size. Like walking with a mattress between your legs.
>>
>>16851065
Actually, it does work that way sometimes. The IUD, for instance reduces the length and volume of your period, sometimes enough to functionally eliminate it 90% of the time.
>>
>>16851089
For a portion of your cycle yes, but every cycle you have to stop taking them to allow the period to take place, if you (or your gf) has been taking the constantly and hasn't had a period in months I have some bad news. Trust me if there was a contraceptive that you could take for months or years where you never had to have a period all women would take them.
>>
>>16851074
That picture makes me cringe hard.
>>
>>16851109
And what part of the IUD is in pill form again? He said pill, I said that isn't how it (pills) work. Read the whole conversation next time.
>>
>>16850043
Oh shut the fuck up. Your advice is always shit. Don't you have a goddamn job?
>>
File: elipsis.gif (2 MB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
elipsis.gif
2 MB, 500x391
>>16851118
Wow, okay. I'll be more specific for you then. Lybrel, Seasonique, Yaz, Beyaz, Yasmin, Seasonale are all examples of contraceptive PILLS that reduce or stop periods. I didn't think I needed to pander to you so much, anon.
>>
>>16851091
>you have control over positon of your body when you sleep
gee, thanks didn't know that
>>
>>16850022
People screw up and have gross accidents who cares. Clean it up.

The gaylord in the comment who wants to take her to the salon and nuke the sheets from orbit is being as big a baby as someone who'd get grossed out and angry.
>>
Before I took birth control, I used to have much, much heavier periods. I usually didn't mess up the sheets, but it was a challenge getting out of bed. I'd have to slowly roll and get the pad aligned before quickly jumping out of bed and bracing myself for the gush of blood. I learned that technique the hard way. Underwear, shorts, carpet, hands
>>
>>16851102
I meant puked... I'm a phone posting plebe
>>
File: ew.gif (493 KB, 350x241) Image search: [Google]
ew.gif
493 KB, 350x241
>>16851163
>bracing myself for the gush of blood.
That feeling you get when you stand up after a long lecture.
>>
>>16851179
Nothing saps my sense of attractiveness like feeling a particularly large blood booger crawl its way out of my vagoo. I will never stop being grateful that my birth control made my period a lot lighter
>>
>>16850681
> When a stats major doesn't wanna have to deal with your period bloodied laundry
>>
File: mhjfklhgjt.gif (819 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
mhjfklhgjt.gif
819 KB, 200x200
>>16851184
>that feel when a clot gets stuck to your pubes.
>>
>>16851195
OH NO THAT'S SO BAD
I try to shave right before my period just to avoid that. I also hate using three times the amount of toilet paper. Wipe one, full of blood. Wipe two, full of blood. Wipe five, less blood. Okay now we can get to the actual poop to wipe.
>>
>>16850031
If you put a tampon in for more than two hours you're putting yourself at risk of toxic shock syndrome (which desu has put me off wearing tampons, ever). And pads can still cause leakage especially at night. Also she might just not realise that she's on her period.
>>
>>16850681
I'm sorry, but your math is wrong (or at least poorly researched, you haven't made any calculation errors.) You don't know what you're talking about and you need to stop posting as though you do.

First, there's been suggestions that many cases of TSS go unrecognized and unreported, something that I'd really expect you to know if you were as well-informed about this if you claim, as opposed to, say, hastily googling it ten minutes before you posted. The sketchiness of the stats has been acknowledged by all 'reputable' studies, as you say, due to both the lack of of a single diagnostic test and the fact that many women who develop TSS don't recognize it or seek treatment.

That aside, one, you seem to have somehow confused the annual risks for TSS with the lifetime risks. Two, you've corrected for demographics incorrectly (not all instances of TSS are caused by tampon use, several of the studies have already corrected for age and so on which is one cause for the extreme divergence in rates -- the difference between 1.41 and 15 in 100,000 is huge) and you really shouldn't be conflating those figures.

Three, most importantly, what you need to understand is that risky practices, like using tampons of too high an absorbency, or leaving tampons in too long, or failing to alternate tampons and pads, PUT YOU IN A HIGHER RISK GROUP. Menstruating women who use tampons at all (70% or so) are at a higher risk than women who don't. Women who don't practice safe use are at a higher risk still. Multiple unsafe practices like those advocated for by you no doubt compound the risks further, and the truth is, we really don't know by how much, and that sort of thing is exceptionally difficult to research.
>>
What you're missing is that none of the people you responded to were claiming that TSS was a particularly common illness. Their attitude -- a sensible one -- was pretty clearly along the lines of, "unsafe use shunts you into a higher risk category for a scary illness by an unknown amount -- why do so against all mainstream medical advice when there's no good reason to do so?"

Also, comparing the rates of TSS, which by your own (poorly researched) figures can be as high as 1 in 500, to fatal heart attacks, responsible for 1/2 of deaths from heart disease, literally the single biggest killer in America, is actually laughable.
>>
if you can't joke about this happening if it did in your relationship, y'all aint gonna make it.
>>
>>16851111
You're wrong. There are variants that you can use year after year. You need a prescription that gets renewed every year.
And everyone doesn't lose their period completely. Many do, my gf amongst them. Some only get lighter periods. Many take them if they have very painful cramps in hope of losing the period completely.
Not american, btw.
>>
>>16850022
He's right. Lived with women all my life. Periods are a part of life. It's only a problem if the woman has no idea how to take care of herself (which can and does happen sometimes).
>>
>>16850085
Enjoy your toxic shock, bitch. Also tampons leak.
>>
>>16850085
Tampons leak like crazy and shouldn't be used overnight. I've never found a tampon that didn't leave me with stained undies and uncomfortable situations. But I bleed like a murder victim. I have to use the overnight pads during the day, and the overnight pads often leak for me at night.

>tfw haven't had a period in close to 6 months thanks to depo shot
Feels good.
>>
>>16851387
I'm also on the shot, love not having a period but hate the almost constant spotting.
>>
>>16850085
I have to switch between pads and tampons, but I absolutely prefer pads even though I hate wearing a diaper. To me, they're the lesser of two evils. Tampons hurt when I pull them out, and after a few times of replacing them without taking a break using pads, my insides start hurting and I get cramps that only worsen until I switch to a pad.
>>
That guy sounds like a faggot, but being scared of menstrual blood is fucking retarded as well.
>>
File: 1420317289407.jpg (40 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
1420317289407.jpg
40 KB, 410x410
>>16850037
>toxic attitude
>>
>>16850022
Fucking baby
Shes not 2
>>
Coming from a girl the guy sounds like a tryhard who probably wouldn't actually do this irl. Best thing for the guy to do is wake me up if he notices I'm bleeding on the bed and help change the sheets and I go and put on a pad. My boyfriend doesn't give a flying fuck if I'm bleeding, it's very normal. I think it's childish for the guy to be like "eww" but since it's a normal bodily function I don't think we need to be babied with what's described in the pic.
Also tampons are kinda painful sometimes, for me when I pull them out it hurts a bit. Sometimes girls who have really heavy periods will still leak through the tampon. I did. So I just use a maxi pad.
>>
>>16850043
There are girls that think cutting off a piece of a man's dick is sexy, and since girls are retarded, they also believe myths that go back to the middle-ages.
>>
>>16851523
>Also tampons are kinda painful sometimes, for me when I pull them out it hurts a bit.
Totally true. I hate that you have to kind of... push past that point or the fucking thing starts to slip out as it fills up.
>>
Sometimes I just take out the tampon and fucking let it happen. Wear the worst panties I own and just bleed all over them. Feels good. man.
>>
>>16851523
I can't stand pads. My bleeding is really heavy so I have to use the overnight ones during the day. They're bulky and hot and smelly and I just hate them. Tampons were at least out of the way. But some time ago I tried a menstrual cup and I'll never go back.

Regardless, expecting someone to do all of OP's pic is ridiculous, though to be honest I would appreciate it if the person actually went through with it. I think most people would. But I don't expect it.

I do, however, expect some respect. Yeah, the blood is annoying, and cleaning up us a hassle, we have to do it all the time. It's also, again, a normal body function. You don't have to like it but don't give me shit about it. I can't think of a single person who wants to have a period or deal with the mess. Everyone wishes they didn't have to deal with it. But we gotta live with it, so at least don't be am asshole. We'd stop them if we could.

P.S., I highly recommend using dark sheets and a plastic bed liner underneath. Leaks are inevitable but you can minimize the damage.
>>
File: O.gif (29 KB, 217x200) Image search: [Google]
O.gif
29 KB, 217x200
>>16851944
>menstrual cup
I'm too afraid that it would just suddenly spill blood everywhere like I had a spontaneous fucking abortion. That can't happen, right?
>>
It's called a surprise period you Dingus. Sometimes you wake up and you're bleeding. You can't just stick a tampon in and assume the next morning you'll be bleeding lmao. Jesus. I don't think he's gay, but he's partially right. Depends on the women, some have their shit together and can handle their cramps. Others have periods that really really hurt to the point moving is difficult and straining.
>>
>>16851949
No, it doesn't. You fold them to put them in and they expand inside of you to seal the edges. I've used it for a couple years now and I've never had a leak.

They're a lot less dry than tampons, particularly if you get them wet before insertion. They hold more, too. I would have to use those super absorbency tampons and change them every couple of hours but this cup endures even my heaviest bleeding. I change it in the morning, in the middle of the day, and before bed, and that's just me being careful. I've had it last all day with no problem.

The one problem I have with them is that they can be a pain to change in a public restroom. You have to empty them and clean them out, which is absolutely no problem when you're next to a sink but if you have a stalled toilet it's annoying.

Still, the fact that it has all the benefit of a tampon without the toxic shock is really nice. If you have vaginismus or something that makes you unable to insert things, I don't recommend them.

If you have any other questions about cups, feel free to ask me!

There's also a new line of absorbent underwear at shethinx dot com.
I haven't personally tried it but I've been really curious. it's a good way to avoid leaks if you know you're period is coming. I've been thinking about getting myself a pair. Has anyone here tried them?
>>
>>16851970
>Others have periods that really really hurt to the point moving is difficult and straining.
When I was 14, I was rushed to hospital for severe cramping. Turns out I have Endometriosis. :(
>>
>>16851996
That really sucks, sorry about that.
>>
>>16851996
See this is the shit I'm talking about. Ugh, I can't imagine how bad it felt; my cramps sneak up on me and then decide to torment me all day long. But there are ways to avoid all that horror.
>>
>>16850043
arent u that trip that lost her virginity to a dog?
fuck off
>>
>>16852008
Felt like millions of cold needles in my lower back and waves of sweat-inducing nausea. I threw up so much they had to put an IV in. I will probably never be able to have kids and I might even have to have a hysterectomy later in life.
>>
This thread just made me super comfy because I haven't had a period in like two years. I had Abby and am still nursing. I had then copper IUD put in but still no blood. It's nice.

I don't get why all you ladies have problems with tampons leaking, mine almost never did. Then again I do a lot of kegels. You will never be able to convince me that pads are repugnant, and that the woman who wear them never matured past high school.
>>
>>16850176
Unless you sleep naked wet dreams aren't going to make that much of a mess and they are really rare unless you are really sexually frustrated. My girlfriend leaves tampons in overnight and has never had a problem because she puts in a new one right before bed and changes them right when she wakes up. She did this before she even met me so it's not like I told her she had to do it that way. I don't mind the blood honestly. I still have sex with her while she is on her period and a little bit of blood on the sheets is not the end of the world. The only thing I won't do is eat her out when she is on her period. You can be a decent guy without being a pussy-whipped little bitch. In fact they will respect you a lot more.
>>
>>16852022
Yep, that's her alright. Our resident dogfucker. Careful though, I once got banned for calling her a dogfucker. I think she sucks off the mods.
>>
>>16851220
>two hours

Are you fucking retarded or did you never have a health class?
>>
File: 200w (2).gif (604 KB, 200x282) Image search: [Google]
200w (2).gif
604 KB, 200x282
>>16851185
>>16851278
>>16851288

I should clarify the reasoning behind my post rather than pointlessly argue about the statistics shit

I was trying to make the point that Toxic Shock Syndrome is so incredibly rare that worrying about it, and saying that leaving a tampon in overnight shifts you into a higher risk group, is stupid. Yes, it's true that it shifts into a higher risk group, but no, it's still not a significant risk, it's like saying that if you eat 1 burger a month, you're in a higher risk group for heart disease than someone who eats 0 burgers a month. Its true, but it's not significant.

Also, I wasn't giving the risk for heart disease - it was the risk for a spontaneous fatal heart attack. No warning, no reason to expect it, just BAM, heart attack out of nowhere then dead. It's not laughable to compare an unexpected fatal heart attack to TSS.

The conclusion should have been "hmm, I'm 200 times more likely to die of a spontaneous fatal heart attack than leaving a tampon in for 24 hours - what am I doing with my life that I'm arguing with neckbeards on 4chan about how something that rare is a huge danger"

And before you ask, I did ask myself that question too - 14 months ago, I was put on a drug called Humira, I was taken off of it 4 months ago. The big side effects are "CANCER, HEART FAILURE, AND NERVOUS DISEASE (e.g. - MS)".
Massive neurological dysfunction was caused by the drug, but none of those side effects. I've got an MRI on Monday to check if it's cancer, but until then, chronic agony (24/7 pain that I take 40mg oxycodone a day for (I'm 19 - oxycodone at 19 is usually reserved for terminal cancer patients)), struggling to walk, chronic fatigue, exhaustion, struggling to breath, hallucinating, you get the picture
What I'm doing with my life is being incredibly ill. The second I recover from being ill, I'll be running outdoors and living my life. Don't let yourself get distracted from what you want to do. Do it. While you can. Because you can.
>>
>>16853388

Another part of my point should have been that I literally couldn't care less one way or the other about this shit

If it happened to me, I'd just wake her up, tell her she'd sprung a leak (or her manhole cover wasn't working (probably more of an injoke but still)) and hope she laughed a bit, then talk a bit with her until she was ready to shower, and then, whilst she was showering, I'd take the sheet off and put it in the washing machine

Then the rest of the day is just movies, takeaways, junk food, and cuddling

This kind of shit is not a problem in a good relationship
>>
This.
>>
... she can't take care of her own bodily functions?

I mean I'm just saying. does she have to do all that if i have a wet dream and cum all over the bed?

if we're gonna have equality then you're gonna have to put out the same effort. dude's a door mat. sounds nice but in reality he's making a much bigger deal of it than need be. she's not dying, she's bleeding from her vagina. she's perfectly capable of getting to the shower herself.

yes? no? why is this not the immediate answer from everyone? is it crazy to not treat this hypothetical gf like a developmentally retarded, chronically diseased person?
>>
File: 1456202524991.gif (2 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
1456202524991.gif
2 MB, 190x200
Image not attached in previous post (for some reason (???))

This.
>>
File: 1456202474595.gif (995 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1456202474595.gif
995 KB, 245x245
>>16853392

If she doesn't leak on the bed (because she is capable of taking care of herself) or whatever, she'll tell me that she's not feeling too great and we'll do movies, takeways, junk food, and cuddling anyway, no questions asked

At least try to track when you should be expecting her monthly blood fountain though
It's not really a problem to deal with, but it's useful to know
>>
Honestly, I'd try to help, but I'd struggle a whole lot.

Though that's just because I'm hemophobic. I can't even handle tiny cuts, I can't bare the sight of blood.
>>
>>16853388
You need to stop acting as though the people arguing against leaving in tampons overnight are quaking in fear over the chance of getting TSS. The attitude espoused by most everyone in this thread has been, "it's a small but completely pointless risk, so why take it?" In addition to the folks in this thread, and of course tampon manufacturers (for liability reasons) you'll notice that the vast majority of medical professionals also take that attitude.
>Yes, it's true that it shifts into a higher risk group, but no, it's still not a significant risk, it's like saying that if you eat 1 burger a month, you're in a higher risk group for heart disease than someone who eats 0 burgers a month. Its true, but it's not significant.
Not wanting to be shunted into a higher risk group for a dangerous illness that has -- taking, for the sake of argument, estimates on the more liberal end of the spectrum -- between a 1 in 500 and a 1 in 1,000 chance of affecting you normally is simply not unreasonable. It's just not. It's not comparable to eating a couple hamburgers per month, because it's an entirely preventable risk with no real reason behind it -- it's not like getting menstrual blood on your sheets (when your period doesn't catch you by surprise) is some kind of otherwise unsolved problem.

As far as the (unknown) increase in risk from failing to practice safe tampon use, if you deem that "insignificant", all I can say is that you're clearly no statistician nor affiliated with the medical field in any way at all, and I'd caution anyone against taking any of your advice.

I will, however, cop to skimming your coda about heart attacks, so you're right to call me on that, although I'd be interested in where you got the figures for the rate of "spontaneous fatal heart attacks" from. Regardless, I wish you best of luck with your health in the future.
>>
>>16853458
Wait, how is it a "pointless risk"? The entire point of it is not to get blood on the bed and clothes. Just because you think doing that is pointless doesn't make it so.
>>
>>16850022
Acting like a dick about this is immature and makes you a dick.

Acting like a giant pussy about this is stupid and makes you a pussy.

There's a middle ground. If this happens with my gf we both go wtf and she gets embarrassed and I tell her it's not a big deal and give her a hug cause she's embarrassed and she throws the sheets in the washing machine and we make the bed together or she makes it or I make it. Freaking out either way, getting mad/being her manservant are both stupid reactions.
>>
File: 1437102523056.gif (266 KB, 485x480) Image search: [Google]
1437102523056.gif
266 KB, 485x480
>tfw periods only last around 3 days and are super light
Stay mad
>>
Look she better clean the sheets I got better shit to do than deal with period blood cause this bitch couldn't put on a tampon.
>>
>>16850022
>I'd wake her up and tell her to sit in the shower
Heartless prick. If I were a woman I'd rather he let me sleep and just told me to clean it when I woke up.
>>
>>16850022
I'd help but I'd be pissed the bitch knows when her period comes up and didn't lay down a towel, so now sheets are ruined.
>>
id hit it straight away
morning period sex is the bidness
>>
File: 1439216248979.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1439216248979.png
8 KB, 400x400
>>16853838
>tfw have a penis
Stay inferior
>>
>>16851184
Kek
>>
>>16851103
Lol that's why there's options!! I wear heavies, but I use infinity and often forget I'm wearing it. My flow lightened up after birth control tho so...

I can always tell when my period is coming, as a side note. Even when I'm not on birth control, even if it's not regular. I start getting some zits sometimes, extra discharge, then spotting, then Satan's sacrificial waterfall
>>
>>16853865

As a woman, you've got the right idea.

Waking up with your period is basically like waking up with a flu or hangover, just let the bitch sleep.
I mean, I'll get up if I'm bleeding all over the place, gotta protect dat mattress (though that hasn't happened since I was like 15, get it together OP lady), but god help anyone who thinks it'll be a good idea to force me to leap out of bed and immediately douse myself in water by default.
The time will come for an irresponsibly hot and long shower, and I bloody decide when that is.
>>
>>16851184

Are you kidding? It's so disgustingly satisfying. Like watching youtube videos of gross Indian men getting blackheads extracted. Or of sinuses getting vacuumed out. Or ear irrigation.
Anyone? No?
>>
>>16850022
He's a moron. I mean, I wouldn't get all Biblical about it and freak out if my GF leaked a little on the bed. But I wouldn't treat it as though she had just undergone some terrible trauma either.

In your case, washing the sheets doesn't make you gay, since it's part of your agreement. Now if she shits in the bed...
>>
>>16851151
I actually do because I don't want period blood all over my panties or bed sheets. Use pillows to prop up your back if you need to, you nasty ass.
>>
>>16852048
Your insides are dirty because you don't even get a period anymore so why should I care to convince you of anything? Youre practically a guy now, freak.
>>
For some people with irregular periods, it might just have been a mistake. Mine are gay and some of my cycles are 45-50 days consistently, then randomly 28 days. So, when there is that big of a shift, I am usually unprepared. However, that happens once every like ~8 months.
>>
>>16850022

all my sheets are red.

doesn't really solve the problem. what does solve the problem is:

1) cycling through women every 14 days,
2) having her take the full regimen pill
3) have her wear pads or a diaper to bed
4) deal with it

you never had a wet dream? that shit's exactly as nasty.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.