[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should she buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: carnival-inspiration-1.jpg (191 KB, 1200x430) Image search: [Google]
carnival-inspiration-1.jpg
191 KB, 1200x430
I'm taking my girlfriend on a cruise. We're fairly new. I work a full time job and she goes to school and collects money from the state (something about both her parents being on disability she gets like $500/month).

I am paying for the cruise and it's come out to about $1,000 for the both of us. I would like her to buy us both soda passes (about $24/person) but I don't know how I should tell her I want that. I asked her if she'd be getting a pass and she said probably now but I feel like maybe she should cover something.
>>
Say, "Hey, would you mind picking up our soda passes? It's cool if you can't, but it would help me out."
>>
>>16849919
Yep this. Just be casual bout it.
>>
You've spent 1k and now have the hiccups about 50 bucks? Seriously grow some balls man.
>>
>>16849923
>>16849919
Yeah I get that but on one hand she gets $500 a month, on the other I make about $6,000 a month. It's not like I had to save up for this cruise or anything.
>>
>>16849910
i wouldve split the upfront cost with her, and with the $500 dollar savings i would've paid for all the cute add-ons like soda passes and fancy dinners

she now probably thinks this whole thing is your little treat
>>
>>16849934
>I make about $6,000 a month

buy the fucking soda yourself, fuck. Whats an extra $50?

You should buy them.
>>
>>16850077

Its about principles.

It doesn't hurt to ask something like >>16849919. It is actually a good way to probe the waters of what kind of person she is, and how she responds to the request.

You can see it like this: You spend 1/6 th of your monthly income on the cruise. She spends 1/10 of her monthly income on the soda passes. Seems pretty fair to me.
>>
>>16849910
>soda passes
>not alcohol

You're missing the point of a cruise.
>>
>>16849910
>I got the tickets but drinks are on you

Or just cover the 50 because it's a new relationship. Or tell her you're planning on sneaking soda on board because you can't justify paying 50$ for soda.
>>
The hell is a soda pass?
>>
smart girl

http://authoritynutrition.com/13-ways-sugary-soda-is-bad-for-you/
>>
>>16850544
seriously. what the fuck?
youre gonna end up watching water and sipping soda
get fucked up and bring drugs and fuck ur gf
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.