[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my gf might be willing to dump me over money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1456231808359.gif (253 KB, 384x192) Image search: [Google]
1456231808359.gif
253 KB, 384x192
my gf and i have been together for nearly two years and she is willing to dump me if i lose my job.

how red is the flag? can it be dealt with?

i wont lose my job due to incompetence. i was a substitute for an injured guy but right when that happened the company (a small but stable security company) lost a decent chunk of employees so i am probably a long term replacement.

i make just less than her a month 930-950 vs 1000-1200 and my job is hourly and hers is commission
>>
>>16849000
nice trips haha..

more info:
she said "im afraid ifyou lose your job you wont ever get another one"

this is because it took me six or seven months to get a job so i dont think its that unreasonable but in my defence i was dealing with depression and really was struggling to get out of the loop of it
>>
Was she serious? How did she phrase that?
>>
First of all, holy shit I make more than you two combined what the actual fuck (unless you meant weekly?! Each paycheck?)

Second... Huuuuuge red flag. Like... Are you not gonna get another job if you lose yours? Either way... Dude she's overreacting. On the other hand, she kinda went into the relationship with the expectation you'd have a job. Still, it's a really shitty reason to break up, you know?

I'd talk with her and figure it out. Communication is huge.

If you don't live together... She's scoped out some new dick and is waiting to break up and is using that as an excuse
>>
>>16849008
she said, as close as i can remember

>im afraid if this job isnt permanant, you wont ever get another job.

this in the context of us talking about whats gonna pay for what when we get a place

>>16849008
>holy shit I make more than you two combined what the actual fuck
minimum is just not enough these days mang. im a poor fag so money is a pretty big issue

we began the relationship while we were both jobless and in high school. i agree with the communication thing but she just gets amotional when we discuss our problems and the way she acts makes it reall hard to talk
>ignoring
>going into other room and locking door
>grabbing her bag and driving off

shes not cheating. she seems to really want a place with me so we can get prepared to marry but ourbviews on money vary drasticly because she grew up not broke and i did so she values money more than i do.
>>
nothing?
>tfw you offer advice all the time but when you need help you get half answers
>>
1 question: do you love her, OP?
If Yes
[spoiler] She doesn't deserve you. Dump her, for your sake. [/spoiler]
If No
[spoiler] Then do whatever you want. [/spoiler]
>>
>>16849225
well i fucked up. I'll be a man and not delete it though. Point remains
>>
>>16849005
7 months unemployed is kind of a big deal homie. I can understand why she is concerned. She doesn't want to carry you. I mean, would you want to pay HER bills if SHE lost her job and sat around making exactly jack shit for 7 months? Probably not.

Granted, it's kind of a cold thing to say, but I can't exactly blame her for it.
>>
>>16849000

dump her. seriously. why date someone who is that fucking cunty? people lose jobs. people get new ones. shes only there for the convenience of you
>>
File: 1451966216872.png (174 KB, 867x898) Image search: [Google]
1451966216872.png
174 KB, 867x898
Reminds me of this
>>
talked to her about it. she said she wouldnt dump me over money.
thank you for the advice ill take it and move forward and try to stay positive because i really do love her
/thread

requesting this thread get deleted actually because she would recognize this.. idk if thats against the rules. but if janitors/mods could be a bro it would be nice.
>>
>>16849000
It sounds less like dumping you for money and more like dumping you for being dead weight.
>>
>>16849251
/adv/ doesn't work like that bro, but thanks for making a useless thread if you were always just going to listen to everything she tells you anyway.
>>
>>16849241

for a second there i really did think she might just be misguided about the future. and then it got to 'why wouldnt he treat me to nice things? why wouldnt he spend money on me? that would have kept the relationship alive!!"

jesus, are hetero's really this sad? i took my bf out for happy hour sushi and he thought it was the best fucking thing ever that i was willing to spend 30 bucks on dinner for two.
>>
>>16849278
fuckin.
/thread
>>
>>16849278
well i still needed the advice and the discussion we had was a lot more in depth than i relayed because what was said isnt important in this context because i was just saying thanks to end the thread you fucker

i am still consodering the things all of you said i was just saying my original question isnt quite so valod anymore and people can move to other threads that could use help.
>>
>>16849307
Sounds like we should continue to bump until your apparent female overlord takes notice.
>>
>>16849285
>jesus, are hetero's really this sad?
It's hardly a hetero only issue m8.
>>
>>16849327

really? ive literally never had issues like this.
>>
File: you need this.jpg (15 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
you need this.jpg
15 KB, 520x390
>>16849000
>my gf and i have been together for nearly two years and she is willing to dump me if i lose my job.

she never loved you and she was only using you for your utility. most men will never leave their girlfriend just because she lost her job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ASQqHrr4fQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgeAQMcxZ-M

http://masculineprinciple.blogspot.com/2015/03/youre-such-tool.html
>>
>>16849335
That's great for you. But lesbians particularly are famous for having volatile relationships, and a healthy relationship isn't as delicate as OPs is regardless of what fun bits people like.
>>
>>16849349

>lesbians

lol. but seriously.

>healthy relationships

never said they were, but it seems to be a really big thing in hetero dating that the man has to cater to the woman financially and shit. its weird.
>>
>>16849369
>it seems to be a really big thing in hetero dating that the man has to cater to the woman financially and shit. its weird.
It's as much of an issue as you let it be. Sure, there are some women with stupid expectations, but you can easily dump them and move on rather than accepting their bullshit.
>>
>>16849375

thats what i imagine, again, just noting a big gap between teh number of heteros who do this, vs the number of homos who do
>>
>>16849005
That is some fucked up shit right there. This is clearly a woman who will bounce the second times get tough, and if you are sharing your life with someone, times will inevitably get tough.

Good wife material will say the opposite,
>Don't worry baby, I know you will find something even better.
>let me take a look at your resume, help you brush it up.
>I was doing some searching online and I sent you some links to job openings you might like.
THAT is the kind of woman a man needs in his life. A woman who will believe in him MOST ESPECIALLY when he doesn't believe in himself.
Dump her first and RrUN
>>
>>16849416
she does help my when times are tough. fuck right now we have been homeless for 4 ish months and she has anxiety/depression and i have bipolar disorder (so mania/depression) so shits gotten pretty bad but we want to work it out. which is a big reason why i made thus thread so that we can work it out
>>
>>16849005

in her defense
>BOO HOO IM SO SAD

Is not a good defense. sure someone should stand by you when you're sad and especially when you are unemployed. but using depression as a reason to not find a job is like using the fact that you like to eat as an excuse not to lose weight.
>>
>>16849048
Learn to value money more. It's the leading cause of divorce if I'm not mistake and having simplifies your life dramatically.
>>
I'm just a 22 year old boy but wow I can't imagine living with someone who would bail like that. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I have rich parents though so I can't relate on the poorfag front either. Why am I even posting this helps nobody.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.