[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, I'm not sure it's the right board to ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 73295-640x360-london-skyline-ns.jpg (246 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
73295-640x360-london-skyline-ns.jpg
246 KB, 640x360
Hey /adv/,

I'm not sure it's the right board to ask about this, in which case I would be grateful for someone to tell me which would be more appropriate.
Anyway, I'm planning to go to London in the beginning of March to visit by myself. I would like to know how to find a place to stay and where to find people who would show me around.
Also, If you have any other advice I will gladly take it
>>
>>16837771
I work in central London and live in Wimbledon, so I might be able to point you in the right direction. How long are you planning on staying for, and what sort of budget are you looking at?
>>
>>16837791
I want to stay around 5 days and 100€ (78 pounds according to google) would be my maximum, travel not included.
>>
>>16837771
More than enough hotels in london m80, the police in london are really helpful if you get lost or some shit, you know your getting closer to something that you can use to find out where you are when the police suddenly all have MP5's on their chests. Also black cab drivers know alot of shut about london so ask them about palces if your in a taxi. Visit harrods, shits awesome yo
>>
>>16837796

per day?
>>
>>16837771
>london
Hahaha
Come to oxford instead m8
>>
>>16837796
I'm struggling to think of a way to phrase this without coming off like an asshole, but unless the £78 is a daily budget, it's probably not worth your time. Everything in London is expensive, and everything even remotley near a tourisy area is ludicrously expensive.
>>
>>16837796
I seriously hope your talk 78 per day or youre gonna get fucked in the ass
>>
>>16837806
Nah, in total. I can go a bit higher if that's really a ridiculous premise.
>>16837797
Any website you could point me to?
>>16837812
You mean a tourist would spend 500€ for such a small period? Even with couchsurfing and shit?
>>
>>16837815
>You mean a tourist would spend 500€ for such a small period

some would. I think a minimum for London is about £30 per day. £30 absolute minimum.

Look at Hostelworld.com they have some beds in a shared 8 person room for about £20 a night and that's the cheap end.
>>
>>16837812
>>16837813
>>16837820
Alright, I guess I got my hopes up. Is Glasgow any cheaper? If yes how so?
Guess I'm going to Italy instead
>>
>>16837827
Come to oxford, oxford is gud m8
Fuck scotland
>>
>>16837815
>You mean a tourist would spend 500€ for such a small period? Even with couchsurfing and shit?
I suppose it depends on what you want to do. If you just wanted to walk around taking photos you could make your own sandwiches and take a flask with you and £80 would do you fine. On the other hand, there's a resturaunt on the top floor of the building I work in (the Gherkin - looks like a giant glass dildo, you can't miss it) with excellent panoramic views of the city, where a cup of coffee can set you back £15 if you're not a member.

>>16837809
>Come to oxford instead m8
Did my degree there. The old fire station, dtm's, the dolly, the bully, the coven (but not on fridays).. good times.
>>
>>16837830
The ghurkin is like a massive fuck you to tumblr tier sjws. I love it.
Also im from a small town near oxford but even of i wasnt id much rather go to oxford than london
>>
>>16837829
How do I get to Oxford from Poland?
>>16837830
Yeah I'm a walker kind of guy. Maybe I could ask my family to help me out a bit for small travels like this instead of the full visit of Tuscany they want to finance.
>>
>>16837836
Plane to heathrow, bus or train to oxford. And if your a walking kinda guy then the oxfordshire contryside is pretty awesome.
>>
>>16837836
>>16837840
Also you get to make fun of all the oxford university fuckers in their faggy uniforms secretly because your jealous of how smart or rich they are
Feels bad man
>>
>>16837840
Well, I would use Ryanair so no Heathrow but I guess bus would work still. How painful should my budget be and where could I stay?
>>
>>16837864

Oxford is almost as bad as london m8.

Try a camping holiday in Scotland or something. Camping might be possible on that budget.

Or somewhere else? Istanbul is cool and very cheap.
>>
>>16837868
Actually I just went to skyscanner and saw London was pretty cheap to go to from Warsaw. Really, I just want to go out of this place and somewhere nice. Glasgow is not that expensive either but, again my problem is that I would go alone and I would leeks to meet people to visit with. Maybe there are students' hostels out some shit.
>>
>>16837880
Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>16837880

well if you can get free accommodation with couch surfing or something it could work.
>>
>>16837887
Is couchsurfing.com relevant or do I need to go through Facebook?
>>
File: 1.jpg (597 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
597 KB, 2592x1456
Anyway, thanks a lot for all the advice guys.
>>
>>16837836
>How do I get to Oxford from Poland?
Get a flight to London Heathrow, then hop on the bus - there's one that goes direct from the airport iirc. There's also a train, but it'll cost ten times more, it'll be late and you'll probably have to stand for the whole journey.

>>16837851
>Also you get to make fun of all the oxford university fuckers in their faggy uniforms
You've never been to Oxford, have you?

>>16837868
>Oxford is almost as bad as london m8.
You've either never been to Oxford or never been to London, I'm just not sure which one.
>>
>>16837956
I think he was referring to the price
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.