[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend cheated, wat do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: temp_caller_picture.jpg (56 KB, 345x346) Image search: [Google]
temp_caller_picture.jpg
56 KB, 345x346
The girl I've been with for 3 years cheated on me 2 weeks ago. Long story short, she was drunk and fucked this guy. She waited until I saw her in person to tell me. This girl has always bent over backwards for me, always given her 100% in everything. I know her and can tell she regrets what happened and is totally devastated. I have no idea what to do. Forgive her cause she was drunk? Cut it off? I'm in deep love with her, I was planning to propose before I deployed. Wat do?
>>
It's not up to us whether you forgive her, it's up to you.
>>
>>16833604
I know, just seeing what other people would do. It's tough man.
>>
Before you make a decision consider did she really cheat because of a random drunk slip up or was there something wrong with the relationship that caused this... then decide which one would be the worse situation. If its a slip up it means her will is weak... if its something else then its fixable but at the same time she should have helped fix it before cheating.

Both reasons are shitty but the reason why should matter to you in deciding if its worth forgiving her.
>>
I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you, OP. But we can't tell you whether or not you should forgive her. Only you can make this decision. Forgiveness is a long and painful route, but it does have its rewards. But it is not for everyone, or every situation.
>>
>>16833618
I'm more than positive it was a slip up. She was a virgin when I met her. She had a pretty shitty life growing up and I gave her light you could say. I want to try to forgive her, but that thought of her with someone in bed is ripping me apart. She has never ever done anything shady (that I know of) she's literally been with me through thick and thin. We've never had any major problems. Which is weird suprisingly.
>>
>>16833610
What other people would do doesn't matter though. And even if you are looking for people's opinions, 4chan is not the place. You're going to get biased opinions here
>>
>>16833629
That's very true, just wanted some anonymous insight from people who have gone through this before.
>>
>>16833634

You know, you should ask for advice from the people that really care for you.

Like your dad.
>>
We hung out last night, had sex, and talked. Everything is fine until I think about it. It sounds weird but I cant comprehend the fact that it happened. It doesn't seem real..
>>
>>16833643
I thought about it but then if I chose to stay with her he would know what she did.
>>
she's probably been wanting to test the waters for some time now. she wants to know how bad she will feel to cheat when you're not around. which she knows will probably happen once you deploy
>>
>>16833634
People who have gone through this before are not going to be as useful as you think. This is a very subjective thing, and their situations were not 100% the same as yours
>>
>>16833649

You fear such a thing anon? To be ashamed at the thought of your dad knowing of your situation?
>>
>>16833652
I can see where you are going with that. It would make sense, but she's had multiple times she could have done it, and hasn't that I know of. She's really emotional about everything. I feel that I'd know if previous events have happened.
>>
>>16833659
Let me rephrase. Not that him knowing what happened. The fact that he knows I decided to stay with a girl that gets enough liquor in her to pull her pants down and let the next swinging dick come in.
>>
>>16833665

I see.

You care for your family, I suppose. You probably share a deep love for your dad, although he may have not been quite the role model you wanted.

On one side, his son decides to stay with the girl that cheated on him. On the other, your dad regrets not educating you properly.

Its quite a dilemma, what do you think?
>>
>>16833670
Lol
>>
>>16833601
Sounds like she cheated because she can't handle her liquor. You can't trust her now around other men. I wouldn't want her anymore.

Now if she cheated because you haven't touched her in months and ignore her needs, that's one thing. You two can work on that. But she just got wastey and OOOPS, tripped and fell onto his dick? C'mon.
>>
>>16833634
First off, proposing before deploying is just plain silly. She's going to face a period without you there and that's going to be hard to face.

It looks like she's an easy lay when drunk, this won't be the first time and with you away, well, every party is going to have your guts in a wringer so I wouldn't be proposing yet.

The time to propose is when you get back, so you both have time to spend together growing your relationship.

Girlfriends and wives of deployed servicemen fall into two categories. Those who fit into the life and participate in the support network and those who don't. The latter spend lots of time on FB and making dating site profiles to add excitement to their day.

WAGs have been part of my staple diet of extramarital sex for many years. Easy pickings and a bit of alcohol makes them think because you're so far away it's safe from discovery. You can see them changing their mind from "no, I could never" to "providing I ....."
>>
>>16833683

A stain in your relationship between you and him.

But your best choice, afterall hes your big man.

And his word should be bigger than anything we can say here to you.

After all, he will only be biased towards you.
>>
In vino veritas.

>I was planning to propose before I deployed. Wat do?

See >>16833684
>>
>>16833687
Yeah I was teetering between doing it or not. Regardless, you made a good point.
>>
Forgive her, sure. But cut it off.

She cheated, there's no coming back from that. And you will always have that thought in the back of your mind for the rest of the relationship, including while deployed.
>>
>hi guys this happened and I need advice
>we can't help you it's your choice hurr hurr

Fucking faggots in here. You can't justify disloyalty, some things you only have one shot at. How can you possibly trust her after she completely destroyed it?

Dump her. Or at the very least tell her straight up that you aren't proposing anymore. Atleast then she'll realise the gravity of the situation.
>>
Sounds like there are some holes in your relationship that you fail to see. The alcohol only gave her the extra push to cheat, she was most likely thinking about it previously.

Either talk the issue out or end things now. As I say, once a cheater always a cheater.
>>
Alright gents I appreciate the thoughts. Schmuckatelli heading out.
>>
File: 014.png (169 KB, 641x1100) Image search: [Google]
014.png
169 KB, 641x1100
>>16833601
Star platinum the guy who gave her the pow pow.
>>
>>16833601
Statistics says she'll do it again when the situation repeat (drunk, you not around, guy hitting on her).
There's a lot of woman in the world kick her, find a new one.
P.S. a decent one this time
>>
Tired of this "I was drunk so now I'm not responsible for my actions" excuse. Don't make a scene but drop the relationship.
>>
Hey OP my Gf more or less cheated on me too and I chose to forgive and stay with her. A lot of people told me otherwise but honestly I'm glad I did cause we love each other a lot.

She was talking to another guy behind my back(never actually fucked him as far as I know, he lived in another state). But during that time there was a lot of things wrong with our relationship. I was a total asshole to her and mentally abused her a lot. I'm not saying I deserved to be cheated on but at the same time I understood why she did it. I can say it made our relationship stronger and we moved passed it.

Honestly if you think you can forgive, do it. However, if she ever does anything remotely like that again you have to give her the boot.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.