[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So...I share an office with someone. She has it days, I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1perpatch.jpg (6 KB, 142x200) Image search: [Google]
1perpatch.jpg
6 KB, 142x200
So...I share an office with someone. She has it days, I have it evenings and weekends. We split the rent. She found a gun in the desk and freaked the fuck out. Should I cut her out of the lease, try to smooth it over, just fucking bail cause its an llc and move my clients elsewhere?

Its pretty much legal if that matters.
>>
>>16833021

Why'd you have a gun in the office?
>>
>>16833063
Well, it was first there because I got an impromptu call from a friend to hit a bar and its not a great idea to go drinking while armed. Then I left it there because I work late and some of my clients are fairly sketchy.
>>
>>16833073

That didn't answer the question completely. Why do you have a gun at work? What kind of clients do you have?
>>
>>16833081
Clients who could potentially become dangerous or who might bring danger with them. I mean, do I really need a reason to have a gun?
>>
>>16833088

The same reason you decided not to have a gun. "Oh it'd be weird to go drinking while armed." But it's okay to work while armed? Clients that bring potential danger - sounds like you're some kind of drug dealer.
>>
>>16833021
Shouldn't that shit be LOCKED UP while you're stowing it there (not while you might need it obviously.)
>>
>>16833097
Some of my clients are involved in the drug trade. I don't drink while armed because thats poor judgement. Working? I guess I don't see your point. My business is completely legal, in any case.

Are non-gun folks really this panicked by the presence of a gun?
>>
>>16833103
Not legally. There aren't any children around, so it isn't really a responsibility concern. The drawer in the desk has a lock, for what its worth, but we both have access to it.
>>
>>16833104
>>16833108

>completely legal
>work with people in the drug trade
>dangerous clients
>leave gun unattended in unlocked drawer
>share office with someone else

Wow, this sounds like all sorts of shady. You keep saying your job is legal, but you never MENTION what your job is.
>>
>>16833121
The drawer wasn't unlocked.
>>
>>16833124

>and again not answering the question
>>
>>16833133
I don't see what my job has to do with my colleague's freaking out.
>>
>still nothing on what to do
>just talking about the gun

Talk to her first. Tell her you had the gun because someone was fixing it and dropped it off to and you either forgot it or went to the bar and left it. Make up some bullshit as to how the gun got there. You came back from the range, forget or or went to the bar.

If she seems uneasy then bail. How you bail is up to you. Kick her out, get a new person to split with or up and just move all together.
>>
>>16833021
Ignoring the rest of the thread, do you know why the woman freaked out? Is she opposed to you owning a gun in general, doesn't she like it being around the office, etc?
I would say try to talk it through with her before doing anything else. You're both adults, be reasonable.
>>
>>16833152
I tried talking to her, but it was just paranoia and threats.
>>
>>16833141

>I need a gun for my job that I won't tell you about
>I share my office with someone who clearly doesn't need a gun
>She freaks out about said gun in office
>I won't say a word about what I do, or what she does
>But it's all 100% legal trust me I'll give you zero details but everything I say is legit
>And I'll mention it's legal a lot so that way you know it's totally true

I want to know details to piece together this situation. And since you won't give any other than the state of the drawer and that you work with weirdos, then I guess I don't have anything further to say. Get a new office, do your drug deals there.
>>
>>16833159
If the gun is legal and your job is legal, her threats are null and void, kick her out or bail if she's absolutely unreasonable.
>>
>>16833163
I'm a shrink. I don't see how that matters, but thats the bottom line of it. So is she. Some of the teens I work with don't lead the best lives. Things have happened. There, that clear enough for you?
>>
>>16833164
Police involvement would still be inconvenient, and a lot of my client wouldn't feel comfortable with the police sniffing around. Even bullshit could be trouble for me.
>>
>>16833182
Well, if she's in the same line of work she ought to know that as well, so either her threats are bluffing or she's retarded.
In any case, not a good person to have around.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.