[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get out of going to a funeral?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
How do I get out of going to a funeral?
>>
>>16831653
You don't, unless you want to be labelled an asshole.
>>
Depends on who's funeral.
>>
find the corpse and weekend at bernie's it so the funeral gets cancelled

can't have a funeral for someone who's alive
>>
>>16831663
It's my grandpa's funeral
>>
Then why don't you want to go? If it wasn't a close relative you could say you don't like funerals, but if it's your grandad's...you should be there it's not that long.
>>
Become immortal
>>
>>16831690
Honestly I really don't want to go and could care less. The last time I saw him was a year ago.
>>
File: population - you.png (24 KB, 289x259) Image search: [Google]
population - you.png
24 KB, 289x259
A man died, and he wanted you to be present at the celebration of his life.
You have a very narrow-minded perception of the value of human life.
>>
>>16831707
Ok sure he did, anyway I don't care about his funeral plus this will just make my university work stack .
>>
Why do I feel like OP? I feel like if someone died I wouldn't care unless they were close to me. What is wrong with this thinking?
>>
File: 9_Wave_of_Destruction.jpg (62 KB, 590x895) Image search: [Google]
9_Wave_of_Destruction.jpg
62 KB, 590x895
>>16831725
Nothing, but if you're invited to a funeral you should have enough honouru to attend.
>>
>>16831701

>its 3 hours of my life
>i could care less

its 3 hours of your life mate. 3 hours you'd spend on /adv/ asking stupid questions. just do it.
>>
>>16831653
You could always try to act like it's affecting you to the point that you can't bear to go, but that depends on your family not knowing how you actually feel
>>
>>16831775
Forst of all I have to drive 6 hours to get there . Second I really don't care about this person, it's not worth missing all of this work over
>>
>>16831839

fine, then act like you are going to go, then call them about one hour in and say your car broke down, and ur at the shop now. doesnt look like you'll make it.
>>
>>16831701
>could care less

sooo... that means there is still a level of care.
>>
>>16831679
Then yes, you're an asshole if you don't go, period. It's not about your grandpa at all it's about ALL YOUR OTHER FAMILY. you are supposed to support your family in times like this, you likely have cousins and aunts and uncles who are going to be very upset, and as much of a loser as you are, your presence makes a difference.

If you don't care at all about your family, then fine, but you sound like you at least give half a wet fart.
>>
File: my murrays.gif (2 MB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
my murrays.gif
2 MB, 267x200
>>16831839
>his employer doesn't offer bereavement pay.
>>
>>16831924
/thread
>>
>>16831653
Have one of your own on the same day.
>>
>>16831924
I haven't seen those people since I was little kid. I have no connection to them nor care about them.
>>
>>16831928
Work as in university work.
>>
Josh?
>>
"Hey guys. I can't make it because I can't get the time off of work / the car isn't working / I feel like being a little bitch."
>>
>>16831990
What do you mean "be a bitch" ?
>>
>>16831653
Living forever
>>
surely if you have time to make and monitor a thread on here you can give some time to your grandpa. I could maybe understand if it wasn't a relative as close but this is the father of your mom here, go you fuck.
>>
>>16831921
I fucking hate when people say this, thank you, anon.
>>
>>16831653
Commit suicide, then you won't have to go for sure.
>>
>>16831956
then dont go idiot.

if you don't care about going, and you don't care about what your family thinks of you. why put up the thread?

idiot.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.